Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lavine to sign 5 year max extension?
Okay I aplogize. Bulls owner did pay up. Now call him and offer to take Coby White into the TPE.  Tongue
Like Reply
I am seeing nothing of the sort. The report from Fischer for days has been it has been "likely" he re-signs.
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 06:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I am seeing nothing of the sort. The report from Fischer for days has been it has been "likely" he re-signs.

Yeah I apologize, I forgot Stein is now a desperate freelancer. Undecided
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 08:29 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah I apologize, I forgot Stein is now a desperate freelancer.

What are you seeing?
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 08:41 AM)Kammrath Wrote: What are you seeing?

Only thing I can find is this

https://www.reddit.com/r/chicagobulls/co...nterested/
Like Reply
The "fall" of Marc Stein is fascinating. He went from one of the most important writers in the NBA to basically just a guy. I wonder what happened
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 09:34 AM)MFFL Wrote: The "fall" of Marc Stein is fascinating. He went from one of the most important writers in the NBA to basically just a guy. I wonder what happened

He's actually thoughtful and insightful and doesn't fit the ESPN obnoxious talking head mold. So of course they let him go. Then he wrote for the NYT for a while before deciding he was big enough to branch out on his own and publish on Substack without the editorial middle-man. I have no doubt that he's doing just fine.

IMO, Stein is one of the best in the business.
[-] The following 11 users Like Tyler's post:
  • AgGiE1991, Arioch, DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, Hypermav, Kammrath, KillerLeft, MrGoat, omahen, SleepingHero, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
I think the idea that Lavine would willingly take a 30-40 mil paycut by leaving the Bulls to go be a 2nd star somewhere else was always a pipedream. 

Dude also has said repeatedly he wants to win, which basically disqualifies any team that had a chance for him this summer. 

I do think there's a conversation of how Klutch operates when it comes to their big FA stars. It's obvious they disseminated a bunch of those Lavine to LA rumors and kept stoking the fire of him leaving. Kinda gross. Glad the Bulls didn't blink.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 09:52 AM)Tyler Wrote: Then he wrote for the NYT for a while before deciding he was big enough to branch out on his own and publish on Substack without the editorial middle-man. I have no doubt that he's doing just fine.

I didn't get the feeling that he left to branch out on his own. But who knows?

Stein WAS one of the best in the business. I'm not sure where he ranks anymore.
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 09:52 AM)Tyler Wrote: He's actually thoughtful and insightful and doesn't fit the ESPN obnoxious talking head mold. So of course they let him go. Then he wrote for the NYT for a while before deciding he was big enough to branch out on his own and publish on Substack without the editorial middle-man. I have no doubt that he's doing just fine.

Stein is welcome to post here if he needs some exposure.  

He could go by DarthStein.  He is a writer, so I am sure he can come up with an appropriate alias.
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 09:34 AM)MFFL Wrote: The "fall" of Marc Stein is fascinating. He went from one of the most important writers in the NBA to basically just a guy. I wonder what happened

not true at all
Like Reply