Poll: Do the Mavs get a win today and extend the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.71%
6 85.71%
No
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 4: GSW (3-1) vs. DAL (1-3) | 119-109 win
(05-24-2022, 11:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think significantly better than DAL. Their D is the best in the NBA IMO.

Boston and Miami are in the conversation. Look at how they've blown each other out in that crazy series.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:24 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Boston and Miami are in the conversation.

They are...but give me the team that does it in the West everytime.
Like Reply
If GSW has the best defense, we should beat whoever is left of Boston/Miami pretty easily then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: They are...but give me the team that does it in the West everytime.

Why are you partial to WC teams? It's all NBA.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:28 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Why are you partial to WC teams? It's all NBA.

I think the WC offenses are better, so doing it while playing most of your games in the WC is a greater achievement.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:27 PM)cow Wrote: If GSW has the best defense, we should beat whoever is left of Boston/Miami pretty easily then.

Don't know about all that. Some teams don't matchup well with other teams. It depends.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:07 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Imo Chuck made an obvious but good point.  GS better win on Thursday or all bets are off.  

That’s a pretty obvious point like you said.  Anyway, to make another obvious point, unless the Mavs can defend for 4 qtrs which they have not done in this series they will be going fishing after 5.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Don't know about all that. Some teams don't matchup well with other teams. It depends.

I don't know either but I believe.
Like Reply
If Josh Green can grab a rebound in 12 mins, he would already have done as well as Dwight
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BoredAssistant, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Made me more nervous than I thought I would be going into the 4th, but the boys got it done. Luka didn’t have a great game despite the nice line, but damn he probably deserved at least twice the number of FTs than what he was given and would have made his night better. Great game by DFS and RB to bounce back. Try to take Game 5 and just see what can happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:32 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: defend for 4 qtrs

This is 100% everything. Need the effort and energy and attention to rotations to be there in Game 5.
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:34 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: If Josh Green can grab a rebound in 12 mins, he would already have done as well as Dwight

Dwight Powell: 
Height: 6′ 10″
Wingspan: 6′ 11″
Weight: 240 lb

Josh Green:
Height6′ 6″
Wingspan:  6' 9″ 
Weight: 209 lbs

Davis Bertans:
Height: 6′ 10″
Wingspan: 6′ 10″
Weight: 210 lbs

Kevon Looney:
Height6′ 9″
Wingspan: 7′ 4″
Weight222 lbs

Dwight should be bullying Looney using his weight somehow.  I think Green can make up for his lack of height with his defensive awareness and quickness.  At least until he can't.

ETA: Appreciate Kammrath for pointing out J.Green's official wingspan is 6'9".  So, a difference of 7" between Green and Looney which makes way more sense. 
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 12:21 AM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Josh Green:
Height6′ 6″
Wingspan:  6'4″ 1/2

His combine official measurement was 6' 9" wingspan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think significantly better than DAL. Their D is the best in the NBA IMO.

If the Warriors are actually the best D in the NBA that's a good sign for the future since they've given up a million wide open threes and we're losing mainly because of tired legs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • omahen, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(05-24-2022, 11:32 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: That’s a pretty obvious point like you said.  Anyway, to make another obvious point, unless the Mavs can defend for 4 qtrs which they have not done in this series they will be going fishing after 5.

Kidd made the mistake of thinking a 30-point lead with 12 minutes left was a safe time to put Josh Green in the game. Unfortunately there is no safe time for Josh Green in the NBA playoffs. Instant 9-0 run for the Warriors so they decided to fight instead of conceding.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:52 AM)Branduil Wrote: Kidd made the mistake of thinking a 30-point lead with 12 minutes left was a safe time to put Josh Green in the game. Unfortunately there is no safe time for Josh Green in the NBA playoffs. Instant 9-0 run for the Warriors so they decided to fight instead of conceding.

You have Brunson, Dinwiddie, Bertans, Green,Nitlikina.  How is Josh Green being singled out here?  Has this lineup ever even played together?

Green frustratingly clearly has some Ben Simmons type issues wrt being scared to shoot. But  he is also a multi tool player like Simmons though not obviously anywhere at that level. He has been a valuable contributor this season and he is the type of player who needs to be on the floor against GS. I understand why Kidd benched him against Phx but given that Powell is bringing nothing and given that the Mavs are struggling defensively IMO Josh should have got more burn on better lineups this series.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 08:12 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: You have Brunson, Dinwiddie, Bertans, Green,Nitlikina.  How is Josh Green being singled out here?  Has this lineup ever even played together?

Green frustratingly clearly has some Ben Simmons type issues wrt being scared to shoot. But  he is also a multi tool player like Simmons though not obviously anywhere at that level. He has been a valuable contributor this season and he is the type of player who needs to be on the floor against GS. I understand why Kidd benched him against Phx but given that Powell is bringing nothing and given that the Mavs are struggling defensively IMO Josh should have got more burn on better lineups this series.

Well, all the other guys had played in the game before, but as soon as he went in GS goes on a run LOL. Obviously not all his fault, but it's very frustrating we wasted a pick on a guy who can't contribute in the playoffs and can't even give DFS and Bullock any rest, especially with who we could have picked.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:52 AM)Branduil Wrote: Kidd made the mistake of thinking a 30-point lead with 12 minutes left was a safe time to put Josh Green in the game.

It was a trick to force Kerr to put his starters back in the game.   Cool
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 08:47 AM)Branduil Wrote: Well, all the other guys had played in the game before, but as soon as he went in GS goes on a run LOL. Obviously not all his fault, but it's very frustrating we wasted a pick on a guy who can't contribute in the playoffs and can't even give DFS and Bullock any rest, especially with who we could have picked.

We can’t do anything that Bane or some others who went in after him were not picked. My point is he did contribute in the regular season. He plays hard on defense, has good court vision, is athletic and strong. Kidd has been one of his biggest proponents and so it is a bad sign if Kidd is not playing him, but I am not going to call it a wasted pick. 

The guy plays hard and is a very unselfish player. The problem is sometimes you can be too unselfish for your own good or you might be scared to take big shots and unselfishness is a way of masking it.  Hopefully it is the former with him. We can certainly use the Josh Green of the regular season against GS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply