Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
It’s inescapable to me that Gobert is the most impactful defensive player in the NBA for this entire generation of players. He doesn’t really hurt you on offense, but he doesn’t help much either. He was a handful for the Mavs. I feel the same about Luka, just the opposite direction. Offense is far more important in the NBA than defense, so I’m not saying Gobert = Luka by any means. Still, you’ve got to have both, and I’m intrigued by the possibility of pairing the game’s best offensive and defensive players who both excel in the half court.  Gobert is way better than KP and stays relatively healthy, so I don’t even think of it as that risky of an investment.  The problem is how do you get him? Who do you give up?  It seems unrealistic. The Mavs are probably going to need to solve their problems by finding a distressed or undervalued asset and turning him to gold.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • audiosway, hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by ThisIStheYear - 05-23-2022, 05:20 PM