Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-23-2022, 02:26 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I disagree because the mega $$s in Gobert's contract will handcuff the Mavs severely in putting a team together. Worse than the KP mistake. You might address (somewhat) the needs in the middle, but you'll not get an solutions to the other issues that need addressing. Granted, he does a pretty good job as a rim protector, but if/when he gets pulled to the perimeter he's going to be a liability.

I don't disagree with the contract concerns, but I think you are wildly understating Gobert's defensive impact.  "Pretty good job as a rim protector"?  He is the best interior defender in the game.  He has shown in the past that he can guard the perimeter as well.  He has been glued to the interior lately because Utah's perimeter defense is terrible.  I think that concern is way overblown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by mvossman - 05-23-2022, 03:01 PM