Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-23-2022, 12:18 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: So, where did my prediction go wrong, as I thought the Mavs should win this series. Let’s face it. Luka is probably the best player in the series, but the Warriors, unlike Phoenix or Utah, have their own peer all time great still in his prime to counter.  Then, it’s just very one sided. Brunson is about as good as Poole, who’s what, maybe the Warrior’s 4th option.  Green and Loon are absolutely dominant compared to the Mavs bigs. Wiggins is as good as DFS defensively but has a whole other gear on offense, so good role player vs borderline all star there.  The Mavs were clearly better than GSW last year but the Warriors have just made a bigger jump this season and have clearly moved back in front for the foreseeable future.  The Mavs are going to need to add this off-season while hoping GSW loses a good player or two.

I don't agree with the Dorian/Wiggins comparison.  Dorian is the better defender, and Wiggins might be the more versatile offensive player, but he is less efficient and tends to do boneheaded things.  Don't see that as a role player vs borderline all star.  Unfortunately that means you are comparing Bullock with Klay (no question who wins that comparison) and your right about the center position.

As far as the future is concerned, if you look at the injury history of their core 3 guys the last couple of years, its a minor miracle they are all healthy right now.  I don't think any of them are as good as they were in their prime, and they are not getting any younger.  This might actually be their last legit chance to win it all.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by mvossman - 05-23-2022, 01:25 PM