Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-23-2022, 09:47 AM)Branduil Wrote: Gobert is simply too costly for the Mavs to acquire, and I'm not even talking about his contract (the Mavs have plenty of awful contracts for salary matching). We can't mortgage several years of picks for Gobert when we also have a massive problem with the offense stalling which he would do nothing to fix. We can get 50% of what Gobert does for a team for a fraction of the cost.

Gobert or that type helps out a few different ways. 

A team with Luka is never going to be a wild run n gun team.  Even if he is fit his body type is not suited for that game and it would only tire him out.  Gobert gives him a perfect lob partner and someone the Loonys of this world have to battle hard on the boards and on PnR attempts with Luka. Don’t underestimate how much that can open up the floor for others as well apart from making life so much easier for Luka. 

Defensively while he can give up some open shots when teams in the playoffs start specifically going small ball,  the hope is that  the overall offense and defense that he will bring can withstand those things. He has never played with a guy like Luka. Again if Stephen Adams could cause so much problem for GS let’s not overthink and play into the hands of every team trying smallball. 

Also centers without pedigree take a long time before refs start giving them the benefit of doubt that someone like Gobert automatically gets. So sure you can find one for cheap but unless it is a veteran it might take a few years before we start seeing returns. 

As for money and what it would take, that would be my only concern. I don’t have a concern at all on fit and on how much legit better it would make the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by hakeemfaan - 05-23-2022, 10:48 AM