Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-23-2022, 01:08 AM)burekemde Wrote: Agree. Mavs need to focus the rest of this series on players that produce at least whatever that means. IMO we need go full Bertans mode. This will open up their zone defense as they need to sit high up the court to cover Bertans. He will make the open shots and this will prevent doubling of Luka. I would channel the ball to Luka in the middle outside the arc, and let Bertans be slightly ont he side but not in the corner, next to Luka, and waiting quiet high up the court for Lukas pass. Thats a way to counter the constant doubles. Thats a player they need to respect. Yes we would lose some of our defensive scheme. But lets face it, our defensive scheme doesnt work against GSW as we cant score, and we need something different now.

I wouldnt do more dramatic changes. This is one player and coaching adjustment to slide it our way.

The key is going to be to put some confidence in our players other than Luka and Brunson. That is maybe going to be tricky to achieve and reason we lose this series. But I believe the Bertans move could put some fire into the rest of players. Our role players need to see at least one role player step up, in order for them all to step up? Maybe. Just maybe. This could be Bertans perhaps. Mavs should also consider going Brunson and DSW in same lineup. We just dont get enough skill from DFS and Bullock in this series, as GSW is heavely outmatching us on skill side.

Brunson
Dinwiddie
Luka
Bertans
Maxi

I would do this, it makes full sense given how this series went so far. I know its not the defense we want, but if at least the smaller lineup will kill some of the easy penetration GSW have been doing. Let Bertans kill the zone with sitting high up the court and preventing the Luka doubles around the arc. Play the players that have shown some production against GSW in Brunson, Dinwiddie. Maxi is way better in this series than Powell. Maybe we also need to play more zone with inside coverage with Maxi and Bertans and let Brunson, SD, Luka cover the 3, and just let GSW take the 2s. Just try to get them out of what they are doing best which is penetration and 3s. We need to chanell them into more 2s, which would be a way to achieve this perhaps.

All sounds good in theory except Bertans would get eaten alive by GS. He can't guard a chair. Would you be ok sacrificing some D for hoping Bertans gets hot from 3 ?  Because if he's not making shots, what else does he give the team?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-23-2022, 02:18 AM