Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-22-2022, 11:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka cannot hold Dirk's jock in regard to helping his team win at this point. I hope Luka will get there (and am confident he will at least get close), but Dirk was so much better at naturally elevating the play of those around him. Dirk is an all-time great in that area. 

And yes, I will rant against anyone who isn't carrying their particular weight when it comes to team winning. Luka has been entrusted with transcendent talent and therefore he bears transcendent responsibility. I will hold Luka to a standard WAY HIGHER than anyone else on the team, same as I did for Dirk. I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever claimed Luka is less talented than anyone on the team, he is the best player by far. But he still has a long way to go in figuring out how to consistently and night-in and night-out help his team win, even when they aren't making shots or refs aren't giving him calls, etc.

The team around Luka is nothing in comparison to what Dirk had in the championship year. Place those same around Luka now and we will see a much better result. Nobody else than Luka showed up this series against GSW. Its a little bit too much for them a WCF pressure. They had all the open looks in the world and at home.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by burekemde - 05-23-2022, 12:53 AM