Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
(05-22-2022, 11:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka cannot hold Dirk's jock in regard to helping his team win at this point. I hope Luka will get there (and am confident he will at least get close), but Dirk was so much better at naturally elevating the play of those around him. Dirk is an all-time great in that area. 

And yes, I will rant against anyone who isn't carrying their particular weight when it comes to team winning. Luka has been entrusted with transcendent talent and therefore he bears transcendent responsibility. I will hold Luka to a standard WAY HIGHER than anyone else on the team, same as I did for Dirk. I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever claimed Luka is less talented than anyone on the team, he is the best player by far. But he still has a long way to go in figuring out how to consistently and night-in and night-out help his team win, even when they aren't making shots or refs aren't giving him calls, etc.

Are you serious with this? Luka just turned 23 in February. He has surpassed everyone in NBA history at his age outside of Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain.

Luka had 40 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 assists. Do you know why he only had 3 assists? Maxi shot 0-5 and didn't take several shots he was open for because he knew he would miss. Bullock was 0-10. He was 0-7 from 3. When it's not falling drive the lane. 

Jalen Brunson was 2nd on the team in rebounds with 5.

You can talk all you want about +/- but that's a trash stat. When Bullock has the best +/- of the starters at -5 he is supposedly having a great night. HE SCORED ZERO POINTS. That's great that he only allowed 5. But, that's 5 points he didn't score either. Luka had to make that up.

If Maxi hits 2 of his 5 shots that makes it 109-104. If Bullock hits 3 of his 10 it's tied. Let's say Bullock only hits 1-2 pointer of the 3 he shot and 1- 3 pointer of the 7 he shot. It's a tie game. Someone has to put the ball in the basket. And someone has to get the rebounds. Luka had more rebounds than any 2 other players on the team. That can't happen.

As far as the assists, it's not that Luka didn't pass the ball. Guys just missed WIDE open shots all night. And when they missed a few they started making extra hesitant passes because they were too scared to shoot. You will lose that game every time like that.

Most importantly this team needs a rim protector like Gobert, one more shooter at least, and a couple of backup wings that can actually play. That way when Bullock isn't so exhausted from playing defense that he can hit a shot or two.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 7 users Like audiosway's post:
  • Branduil, burekemde, DrMav, hakeemfaan, Mavs2021, mvossman, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss - by audiosway - 05-23-2022, 12:28 AM