Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
I am not saying Tim would have won the game tonight but it would have been nice to see if he was going to have one of his games, when Bullock and Maxi go 0-15.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:21 PM)DrMav Wrote: There have been a lot of bad takes on this board, and I know I am responsible for my fair share, but damn if this crusade isn’t some of the dumbest shit I’ve seen.

I just don't think everyone should like at it as so black and white.  Everyone knows Luka is a stud but pointing out shortcomings isn't the end of the world either.  

We are in the Western Conference Finals.  It's all gravy at this point.  Mavs in 7.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:21 PM)DrMav Wrote: Guess it would have been nice if Luka only scored 20 tonight so we could have been blown out instead. 

There have been a lot of bad takes on this board, and I know I am responsible for my fair share, but damn if this crusade isn’t some of the dumbest shit I’ve seen.

I swear the Luka-fan-glasses are blinding y'all to the fact that the Mavs look BAD when Luka is out there in this series. On BOTH ends of the court. The offense slows down and struggles. The D cannot stop penetration and points in the paint. The numbers don't lie. The Mavs have gotten their ass kicked with Luka playing and have been outscoring GSW when he sits on the bench. That's a fact. It is not 100% Luka's fault, but it is NOT 100% Luka's teammates fault either. He has NOT carried his superstar weight in this series. We expect him to carry the team and the team is getting blown out when he plays. Not good.
Like Reply
All Star might be too much and in fact might not even be needed. 

I really think we are leading this series 2-1 if we have Bane and McGee.  That’s it. That’s how good I believe Luka is. Is that asking for too much?  Even Dirk we felt needed all-stars and when he won his title or even got close to one in 2006 all he wanted was some protection at the 5 spot. 

Now it’s up to the front office and try to make up for the follies of the previous regime. What they do have from the previous regime though is something most teams don’t have. A truly transcendent talent.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • audiosway, Branduil, Hypermav
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:26 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Now it’s up to the front office and try to make up for the follies of the previous regime. What they do have from the previous regime though is something most teams don’t have. A truly transcendent talent.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
The Mavs look bad because they have no legs. They have no legs because this team has five usable players at most right now. They look worse with Luka because he's playing against the starters for the best team in the league right now. I don't understand the leap to this being Luka's fault. Explain to me like I'm five how Luka made our role players shoot 5-27 tonight. They hit 5 more shots and we might win this game.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:27 PM)loki Wrote: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:27 PM)loki Wrote: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Only one more season of Powell, Boban, Burke and Brown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I swear the Luka-fan-glasses are blinding y'all to the fact that the Mavs look BAD when Luka is out there in this series. On BOTH ends of the court. The offensive slows down and struggles. The D cannot stop penetration and points in the paint. The numbers don't lie. The Mavs have gotten their ass kicked with Luka playing and have been outscoring GSW when he sits on the bench. That's a fact. It is not 100% Luka's fault, but it is NOT 100% Luka's teammates fault either. He has NOT carried his superstar weight in this series. We expect him to carry the team and the team is getting blown out when he plays. Not good.

Kamm you have read me for a very long time and I have been critical of Luka, maybe even hypercritical.  However it is a terrible narrative on your part to keep talking about on court off court numbers when it is obvious that we have been badly out rebounded all 3 games and the centers have done zilch. It is a bad narrative when this guy is being asked to do so much. Plus no matter how great Dirks on court off court numbers were, he was never asked to do as much as Luka and again if Dirk played in this era teams would repeatedly hunt him in PnR switch situations. Would you rant against Dirk then?  

As I wrote to cow Inam not even asking for all stars. Get one other dead eye shooter and an energetic big who can at least keep up with the Loonys of this world.  If they do and we still are getting blown out in a wcf then let’s talk.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • omahen, rocky164
Like Reply
Remember when we all laughed at the thought of trading for Wiggins from Minny and GSW?  Those were the days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:32 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Kamm you have read me for a very long time and I have been critical of Luka, maybe even hypercritical.  However it is a terrible narrative on your part to keep talking about on court off court numbers when it is obvious that we have been badly out rebounded all 3 games and the centers have done zilch. It is a bad narrative when this guy is being asked to do so much. Plus no matter how great Dirks on court off court numbers were, he was never asked to do as much as Luka and again if Dirk played in this era teams would repeatedly hunt him in PnR switch situations. Would you rant against Dirk then?

Luka cannot hold Dirk's jock in regard to helping his team win at this point. I hope Luka will get there (and am confident he will at least get close), but Dirk was so much better at naturally elevating the play of those around him. Dirk is an all-time great in that area. 

And yes, I will rant against anyone who isn't carrying their particular weight when it comes to team winning. Luka has been entrusted with transcendent talent and therefore he bears transcendent responsibility. I will hold Luka to a standard WAY HIGHER than anyone else on the team, same as I did for Dirk. I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever claimed Luka is less talented than anyone on the team, he is the best player by far. But he still has a long way to go in figuring out how to consistently and night-in and night-out help his team win, even when they aren't making shots or refs aren't giving him calls, etc.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:33 PM)cow Wrote: Remember when we all laughed at the thought of trading for Wiggins from Minny and GSW?  Those were the days.

I didn't. And neither did @"dirkfansince1998".
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:33 PM)cow Wrote: Remember when we all laughed at the thought of trading for Wiggins from Minny and GSW?  Those were the days.
Wiggins for KP would have been such a great trade! I was one who thought KP was worth more than Wiggins, so egg on my face there. Although I have to say, KP on this GS team might also be a nightmare.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I didn't. And neither did @"dirkfansince1998".

I was trying to lighten the mood, mister.
Like Reply
Wiggins didn’t do much last year when Klay was gone. He shows up for some games and then is a total non show in others.  He has the talent to be much more than he has been but something is off. It is great though for him that he is the 4th option on that team. 

To me the real issue is that even with those flaws if he is here he would be our 2nd best offensive option. Even on defense he might be our best man defender though in GS he might be behind Loony, a healthy Klay and maybe Green.  There is a team talent difference. Let’s be honest.If Monty Williams had a do over he is feeding the ball 30 times to Ayton.  The Mavs cannot do anything in the paint.
Like Reply
Luka is about to set the all-time playoff record for scoring 40 points and his team still losing and we're talking about how he isn't carrying his weight.

I'm still waiting to hear how it's Luka's fault our role players shot 5-27.
[-] The following 4 users Like Branduil's post:
  • burekemde, DrMav, hakeemfaan, mvossman
Like Reply
Kamm you can say whatever you want but yes I will say that if Dirk played in this day and age with the open offenses and how teams target the weakest link he would have been repeatedly targeted. Kerr would certainly have gone after him time and again. The great help defender part was a different time and different offenses.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:41 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Wiggins didn’t do much last year when Klay was gone. He shows up for some games and then is a total non show in others.  He has the talent to be much more than he has been but something is off. It is great though for him that he is the 4th option on that team. 

To me the real issue is that even with those flaws if he is here he would be our 2nd best offensive option. Even on defense he might be our best man defender though in GS he might be behind Loony, a healthy Klay and maybe Green.  There is a team talent difference. Let’s be honest.If Monty Williams had a do over he is feeding the ball 30 times to Ayton.  The Mavs cannot do anything in the paint.

3&D and can put the ball on the floor.  His offensive game is inconsistent, but you wouldn't rely on him to carry the water.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 11:42 PM)Branduil Wrote: Luka is about to set the all-time playoff record for scoring 40 points and his team still losing and we're talking about how he isn't carrying his weight.

I'm still waiting to hear how it's Luka's fault our role players shot 5-27.

The moment seems to much for our role players. So many opportunities. GSW is a lot deeper team,there is no doubt about it. But also a coaching win as we cant adapt to the zone look they make.
Like Reply
I would look at getting a legit shot blicker first and foremost. So definitely everyone not named Luka is available. However I would love to keep Dinwiddie and Bullocknif possible, no matter how much they have struggled. I want one more crack next year with an improved cast that includes those two guys.
Like Reply