Poll: Do the Mavs set a defensive tone to start the series? O/U on Warriors threes 12.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
100.00%
5 100.00%
Under
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ GSW (1-0) | 112-87 loss
Kleber in foul trouble, not good.

Luka keeps grabbing his shoulder.
Like Reply
Bad gamble for a steal by Luka leading to an open three and then he had Dinwiddie open for a three but didn't pass
Like Reply
Still in this...lead could have been much bigger shooting 7/29 from 3
Like Reply
Defense still working. Warriors at 54 points is fine. Just seems Kerr is a little smarter than Snyder/Williams. They will not allow our limited dribble challenged offensive players open threes. Just let Doncic get his.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 09:10 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They will not allow our limited dribble challenged offensive players open threes.

What game are you watching?
Like Reply
I can live with Wiggins creating off the dribble
Working so far for them but I'd love to see that the rest of the series

Especially at the end of games
Like Reply
Powell, come on give us some meaningful minutes man..not holding my breath, but still..
Like Reply
Luka and DFS at -13....SD at -11....at half.
Like Reply
Mavs a step slow and a notch down in intensity.
Like Reply
Somebody needs to figure out why the Mavs cannot shoot on the road.
Like Reply
Brunson's 3-pt shooting has been horrible in the playoffs. Warriors might be leaving him open now and playing percentages
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 09:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Somebody needs to figure out why the Mavs cannot shoot on the road.

They didn't have a problem in game 7.
Like Reply
(05-18-2022, 09:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They didn't have a problem in game 7.

Role players struggled. Just Luka and Dinwiddie going crazy. Combined 11/18. Basically all of them self created.
Catch and shoot game was off. But that´s the important part for the Mavs. Bullock, DFS and Kleber making open 3s. Creating space for Luka and Brunson.

Sounds strange. Especially against the Warriors. But are the Mavs overplaying the 3-point line on defense. I get that you don´t want Curry to get into any kind of rhythm but are we sure that Klay and Poole deserve the same treatment?
Like Reply
GS ball movement is a thing of beauty.
Like Reply
Its painfully obvious which group of guys have been here before
Like Reply
Bertans might be completely unplayable in this series. The Warriors will feast on him with their offensive movement
Like Reply
Golden State is just toying with the Mavs. When Wiggins is making the all star voters look right for putting him over Luka, you know it’s a bad night.
Like Reply
the offenses of both teams is striking.  GS has beautiful ball movement and cutting.  Dallas not so much.

GS just better tonight.  Period.   Eventhough Dallas had open looks early, I feel like they played right into GS hands.  Maybe that changes if they make more, but it just feels like we are doing exactly what GS wants.  

The pace is something to watch too.   Way to fast for my liking.  We seemed to get stuck in a faster pace too.

I was worried Maxi may be less valuable in this series.  I was hoping Powell would be productive.   If Maxi is limited and Powell is invisible, that is a bad sign for this series.  Especially if Looney is a factor.

Only one game...but disappointing start.
Like Reply
GS is making Luka play D and putting him in P&R's and fatigue is setting in. Wiggins has been aggressive all night.
Like Reply
There has to be a Plan B when the threes are not falling. And by Plan B i dont mean keep shooting

So...is Wiggins the best Luka defender in the playoffs??? Stronger than Bridges, but has length and athleticism too..
Making him work on D as well
Like Reply