Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JB (+22, 24 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 6 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+37, 35 pts, 2 stls, 4 ast, 10 rbd)
56.52%
26 56.52%
SD (+29, 30 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
43.48%
20 43.48%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 7 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (57%) | Runner-up SD (43%)
Luka took over this game. One, if not the best, game of his career. Luka is the best player on the planet, and it's not even that close. Elimination game, he elevates to other wordly class, contrary to any other contender for that title of the best player on planet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 11:56 PM)burekemde Wrote: Luka too over this game. One, if not the best, game of his career. Luka is the best player on the planet, and it's not even that close. Elimination game, he elevates he is other wordly, contrary to any other contender for that title of the best player on planet.

Agreed. He is better than Lebron was at 23. He probably won't last in this league as long as Lebron, because his body is not made of stone and he is not as athletic, but Luka is currently tracking at becoming the #2 greatest player of all time.

Only Jordan showed more killer instinct at 23. But let's see how the next 10+ years play out.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie was fantastic, but Luka is the pretty easy answer for me.   It is such an advantage when you know, fans know, and the Suns know that you have "that guy" entering game 7.  It is pretty rarified air.   Then when the game starts he confirms your worst thoughts if you are a sun when he goes off right away.   It is such a moment when you look at each other and say "oh Crap"!
Like Reply
Hard to not go with Dinwiddie, but Luka delivered so impressively out of the gate that he took much pressure off the rest of the team. That's what a superstar has to do and thus he get's my Dirkie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Halfnir's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Dinwiddie and Brunson were BOTH amazing, and I don't use that word lightly. But, come on...LUKA DONCIC just murdered the Suns. Best game of his career in some ways. 

We're starting to take him for granted, friends.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Branduil, burekemde, michaeltex, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 08:43 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Best game of his career

On both sides of the ball.

(05-15-2022, 11:36 PM)haveitall Wrote: When it mattered and this was still a tied game at 0 - 0 Luka took over.  As good as spencer was its definitely Luka with a superstar performance.

Very well put.
Like Reply
Wow.

Just wow.

So many choices for this one. Brunson had a quiet but I felt effective 24 point game. The entire team defense was incredible as well. But really it came down to two guys, Luka and Dinwiddie. 

Luka set the tone scoring 8 points in 2 minutes to kick off this rout and just didn't let up. He was fantastic. Heart ripping. He dropped *only* 35 points in 30 minutes with incredible efficiency. His defensive effort was also amazing coming up with steals at the most opportune times to suck the air right out of the building. 

Dinwiddie as well exploded for 30 points in 25 minutes. He came in and just rained in threes and even got to the basket. 

I have to give the award to Luka though. He came up B I G in a game 7 and that always has to be rewarded.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • burekemde, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
45 votes in a Dirkie, good job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
[Image: luka-doncic-mavericks-suns-game-7.jpg]
Like Reply