Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JB (+22, 24 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 6 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+37, 35 pts, 2 stls, 4 ast, 10 rbd)
56.52%
26 56.52%
SD (+29, 30 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
43.48%
20 43.48%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 7 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (57%) | Runner-up SD (43%)
Brick 
Who elevated his game to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
Dwight Powell.   Runners-up:

-Spencer
-Luka
-Lil wayne

[Image: FS15O2CVEAEWlMS?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Can I vote for Nico? Smile

What a game by Spencer! But really, all 3 playmakers completely owned Phoenix. It was a thing of beauty.

And I think I need to rewatch it while focusing on how they shut down Booker and CP3 defensively. I mean, wow. It's like they didn't even suit up.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie.

Showed up at the perfect time. Hopefully he’ll stick around for 8 more wins and a parade.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 09:23 PM)Tyler Wrote: Can I vote for Nico? Smile

What a game by Spencer! But really, all 3 playmakers completely owned Phoenix. It was a thing of beauty.

And I think I need to rewatch it while focusing on how they shut down Booker and CP3 defensively. I mean, wow. It's like they didn't even suit up.

Blitzed and trapped Booker to get the ball out of his  hands.  Full court pressure and targeting CP3 on offensive sets to wear him down.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie was fantastic.  Carried when Luka sat.  All three were great.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 09:18 PM)cow Wrote: Dwight Powell.   Runners-up:

-Spencer
-Luka
-Lil wayne

[Image: FS15O2CVEAEWlMS?format=jpg&name=small]

What did Powell do to influence the win more than Dinwiddie's career playoff high 30 off the bench? Honest question.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 09:51 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What did Powell do to influence the win more than Dinwiddie's career playoff high 30 off the bench? Honest question.

Finally won a tipoff.  Played great defense, rebounded well and chipped in on the offensive end.  He pretty much did everything today that's he's failed to do all series long.  Pennies from heaven especially when everyone expects him to have a negative impact and can't wait to see Maxi sub in for him.

JB put up points but the game was already over.  Not sure why there aren't more optoins.
Like Reply
Luka absolute deserves it - 35-10 in 3 quarters, and scoring the same amount as all of Phoenix combined in the first half. And if the other Mavs (besides) SD had been making shots in the first half, he probably would have had a 35 point triple double. But he didn't, so I'm sticking by my principle that he's too big a superstar to get the Dirkie for anything less than 35-10-10.

So Spencer Dimwiddie--welcome to the playoffs.
Like Reply
That’s what I call a Luka Special!  He set the tone right from the start on both ends of the floor, scoring and grabbing all the big boards until the team settled down and the rout commenced.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...4969840641
Like Reply
If I'm going by the spirit of the award it should probably be Spencer. But it's a game 7 and Luka really set the tone
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • LifeAquatic, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Luka - for stepping on Suns throats early
Dinwiddie was amazing though! Couldn't have picked a better time to show up the last two games.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • LifeAquatic, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I love what Dinwiddie did in this game. Incredible game that by itself justifies the KP trade. But come on, it's Luka. He had his fingerprints on this game from the start, just completely in control, never panicking, never letting the Suns breathe. He crushed their spirit before the first half was even over.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • Jommybone, LifeAquatic, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Only the three players in double figures on the list.  That might make it seem offense is the only way to win...and it is...sort of.  The team with the most points at the end of the game wins!

Ah...but defense can also determine who wins.  And in this game...defense was pretty good.

I will still give my Dirkie to Dinwiddie.  Go figure.
Like Reply
Folks, Luka, on his own, equaled the first half score for the entire Suns team.
[-] The following 4 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • haveitall, Jommybone, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Got to go with Luka. He set the tone for the rest of the game and gave his best performance of the series.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie was sensational. But first-half Luka was other worldly. In 18 mins, 27 points on 9 of 12 from the field (4 of 7 from deep). No one even noticed his 9 rebounds. In 18 minutes!!! 

There is nothing more Dirk-like than that kind of efficiency at that kind of volume in that kind of moment. If he gets any better, we’re gonna start saying Dirk who.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • omahen, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 10:00 PM)Arioch Wrote: Luka absolute deserves it - 35-10 in 3 quarters, and scoring the same amount as all of Phoenix combined in the first half. And if the other Mavs (besides) SD had been making shots in the first half, he probably would have had a 35 point triple double. But he didn't, so I'm sticking by my principle that he's too big a superstar to get the Dirkie for anything less than 35-10-10.

So Spencer Dimwiddie--welcome to the playoffs.

I would say that that performance was one of the most dominant you will see. The level of playoff importance matters way more than statistics standards!

Don’t fail to recognize that performance by Luka. Even the Dirkie namesake was there to vote for Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
When it mattered and this was still a tied game at 0 - 0 Luka took over.  As good as spencer was its definitely Luka with a superstar performance.
[-] The following 2 users Like haveitall's post:
  • Branduil, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply