Poll: How do you grade this signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
4.00%
2 4.00%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
54.00%
27 54.00%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
28.00%
14 28.00%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
12.00%
6 12.00%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FA: Reggie Bullock to DAL for 3 yrs/$30.5M (using MLE)
Do I need to eat crow about this summer?  My issue wasn’t with bullock but the uninspired summer moves as a whole.  For the first half of the season my desired path of Demar Derozan looked like a slam dunk upgrade from our eventual decisions.  

Bullock got into a groove after a tough start and I was really impressed with him in the playoffs.  I think he was counted on too much and played too many minutes over the playoff run   But as we continue to build the team, bullock fits good and is at a nice salary.  Whether he is here for 2 years or 5, I think he is a nice fit.  I still view him ideally as a bench piece who plays heavy minutes.  But maybe as a starter is fine if we find the right center.  

Demar may still be the better player, but Bullock may be the better fit as we add the final pieces to the roster.  Agree?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-28-2022, 11:59 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Do I need to eat crow about this summer?  My issue wasn’t with bullock but the uninspired summer moves as a whole.  For the first half of the season my desired path of Demar Derozan looked like a slam dunk upgrade from our eventual decisions.  

Bullock got into a groove after a tough start and I was really impressed with him in the playoffs.  I think he was counted on too much and played too many minutes over the playoff run   But as we continue to build the team, bullock fits good and is at a nice salary.  Whether he is here for 2 years or 5, I think he is a nice fit.  I still view him ideally as a bench piece who plays heavy minutes.  But maybe as a starter is fine if we find the right center.  

Demar may still be the better player, but Bullock may be the better fit as we add the final pieces to the roster.  Agree?

I wasn´t too happy about Bullock either, but that´s because those are the kind of icing on the cake signings and we didn´t have a cake for a decade.

Lauri Markkanen would have been helpful out there against the Warriors. Now that Porzingis is gone, he´d be the instant starter. That´s before we even mention Hartenstein or now likely watch Thomas Bryant leave Washington as a free agent, so we couldn´t ask for him in the Porzingis trade?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(05-28-2022, 12:12 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I wasn´t too happy about Bullock either, but that´s because those are the kind of icing on the cake signings and we didn´t have a cake for a decade.

Lauri Markkanen would have been helpful out there against the Warriors. Now that Porzingis is gone, he´d be the instant starter. That´s before we even mention Hartenstein or now likely watch Thomas Bryant leave Washington as a free agent, so we couldn´t ask for him in the Porzingis trade?

Don't really get the Lauri love.  He was restricted and would have cost assets in addition to his salary.  Not sure how he fits defensively?  Not interested in playing him at center (not much of a rebounder or rim protector) and this defense is predicated on two plus defensive wings to go with two defensive minus playmakers.  I'm not sure where Lauri fits in there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:13 PM)Branduil Wrote: I wanted Bullock a couple of years ago. He's a good signing for the money.

Happy to be on the right side of this one, unlike JRich.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The complaining about his contract looks silly now. Right now he'll be the 7th highest paid Mav next season, 8th assuming we retain Brunson. Would have been nice to hit a couple more singles and doubles like Bullock in free agency while we still had cap space

Post Wood trade edit: Make that 8th highest paid, 9th assuming we retain Brunson
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply