Poll: Which domain/name do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DallasMavsBasketball.com
40.00%
10 40.00%
MavsForum.com
60.00%
15 60.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DallasMavsBasketball.com OR MavsForum.com?
[Image: dallas-mavs-basketball-light-blue-banner.jpg]
Like Reply
BEAUTIFUL!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 12:21 PM)bin610 Wrote: [Image: dallas-mavs-basketball-light-blue-banner.jpg]
WOW!

Thats incredible. Great work!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Hey I love the new logo. I put it up too. btw... I was working on a new idea but I was having some issues transferring the site over to it... I can just do a redirect as well... 

but I also went ahead and bought MavsForum.com

right now it is a basic wordpress page, and then MavsForum.com/boards is where I tried to move this whole site over... but I failed hahah I will try again...

but yeah I was trying to give us a smaller easier name to type out... would people Prefer the main one be MavsForum.com or DallasMavsBasketball.com ? we can keep both and have them both redirect to us... 

but for logo and branding purposes? which would you all prefer(sorry you already made one for the longer name, if everyone likes the shorter name... you just beat me to it is all haha)
Like Reply
Here is the color I took off their site for the mavs away blue jersey:

#0073D8

If you need it in RGB or any other type, I can get that too.
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 12:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:21 PM)bin610 Wrote: [Image: dallas-mavs-basketball-light-blue-banner.jpg]
WOW!

Thats incredible. Great work!

Plain and simple  - luv it!

Thanks so much!

(09-23-2019, 01:40 PM)Magickian Wrote: Hey I love the new logo. I put it up too. btw... I was working on a new idea but I was having some issues transferring the site over to it... I can just do a redirect as well... 

right now it is a basic wordpress page, and then MavsForum.com/boards is where I tried to move this whole site over... but I failed hahah I will try again...

but yeah I was trying to give us a smaller easier name to type out... would people Prefer the main one be MavsForum.com or DallasMavsBasketball.com ? we can keep both and have them both redirect to us... 

but for logo and branding purposes? which would you all prefer(sorry you already made one for the longer name, if everyone likes the shorter name... you just beat me to it is all haha)

I thought DallasMavsBasketball.com would be ideal because it's language universal. It's self explanatory and let alone therefore provides a good degree of credibility. I mean of course we are the original, the true and one and only Mavs community, but with this name everyone who doesn't know, will know before he even klicks.

MavsForum is of course shorter and I like it too, but marketingwise I would go with the longer name.

(09-23-2019, 01:43 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Here is the color I took off their site for the mavs away blue jersey:

#0073D8

If you need it in RGB or any other type, I can get that too.

Here are some RGBs:
https://teamcolorcodes.com/dallas-maveri...lor-codes/

I dunno if that's legit, but at least this should come close.
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 01:40 PM)Magickian Wrote: Hey I love the new logo. I put it up too. btw... I was working on a new idea but I was having some issues transferring the site over to it... I can just do a redirect as well... 

I support either one. I think they both have their merits.

I have also added a poll to this post.

So go VOTE everyone!
Like Reply
Voted for the longer name...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I know nothing about marketing, but I like MavsForum. If you want something more descriptive then you could just add a tagline, like: A Dallas Mavericks Message Board
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 02:45 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I know nothing about marketing, but I like MavsForum. If you want something more descriptive then you could just add a tagline, like: A Dallas Mavericks Message Board

Make sure you vote!
Like Reply
It’s tough because I think both could work but I think mavs forum is short and sweet. Either one is good though
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
I think DallasMavsBasketball is too much like DallasBasketball

The suspense is over. DB.com and Magic's mavs site will be separate entities going forward, although possibly tied together by friendships. But the sites/projects themselves are no longer potential business partners. So MavsForum strikes me as a good name for it's own thing.
Like Reply
Was DiamondPowellAppreciationClub.com already taken?
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 04:21 PM)Mak Wrote: Was DiamondPowellAppreciationClub.com already taken?

Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 04:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:21 PM)Mak Wrote: Was DiamondPowellAppreciationClub.com already taken?

It is waiting for you to be taken...
Like Reply
Not yet...but DwightPowellisOverratedbyMak.com has been claimed already...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Rajon Rondo is a good Christian man who did absolutely nothing wrong .com was already taken as well
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Guys here me out...

The two options on the poll are great but have we given this idea the necessary amount of attention?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I agree with 15th.

We should avoid anything that might be seen as stepping on Fish's toes or stealing his traffic if he's not going to be involved here.
Like Reply
DallasMavsBasketballForum.com is my vote.

Hehe, honestly, you only have to type the name in once then bookmark it so the longer one is just fine. I also don't see it as stealing from Mike, and the callback to him seems like it's appropriate given his latest reply to us. We aren't trying to steal from him, we're a community made by him.
Like Reply