Poll: Which domain/name do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DallasMavsBasketball.com
40.00%
10 40.00%
MavsForum.com
60.00%
15 60.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DallasMavsBasketball.com OR MavsForum.com?
(09-23-2019, 10:28 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: DallasMavsBasketballForum.com is my vote.

Hehe, honestly, you only have to type the name in once then bookmark it so the longer one is just fine. I also don't see it as stealing from Mike, and the callback to him seems like it's appropriate given his latest reply to us. We aren't trying to steal from him, we're a community made by him.

Exactly.

Once here, nobody will write the long name again as it'll be bookmarked anyway. And even for getting here you don't even have to type it out, as people either klick on a link of some ad or of a search result. The at the end of the day almost nobody will come here by typing in the full address. Which is why lenght doesn't matter.

And for me, alone the name DallasMavsBasketball.com has more credibilty then MavsForum.com. I like both, but think the former displays more who we are: the real Mavs community Wink
Like Reply
Just remember folks... I can still redirect both... so both urls will work regardless... but ONE will be the official name and logo
Like Reply
Well dang, dmb.com is taken, would've gone real well with the colors of the banner. Stupid lawfirm in Arizona!
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 01:51 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Well dang, dmb.com is taken, would've gone real well with the colors of the banner. Stupid lawfirm in Arizona!

hahaha yeah I already tried that and thats how I found MavsForum.com I was trying shorter versions out

I guess I finally voted for MavsForum.com... I mean I like either one... the logo looks snazzy now, but maybe we should make it in MavsForum.com style too, and see how it looks? Maybe it looks better to not have such a long title at the top... 

but idk... I think the argument could go either way about being too close to Fish's old site, and if that is a good thing or a bad thing
Like Reply
GetCapnHarrisAJob.net is still available. Just throwin it out there.
Like Reply
IGT makes a good argument too. I think either would be good. Not changing my vote but want to acknowledge IGT's argument.
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 07:05 AM)Mak Wrote: GetCapnHarrisAJob.net is still available. Just throwin it out there.

How about mffltalk.com

That's still available...
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 07:50 AM)WillE Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 07:05 AM)Mak Wrote: GetCapnHarrisAJob.net is still available. Just throwin it out there.

How about mffltalk.com

That's still available...

dirkdefenderstothegrave.com is also available.
Like Reply
I like this place for the community interaction.  the previous two versions were difficult for me to get signed on to, so I just lurked.
Like Reply
I don't see any reason to give Fish support...since he isn't supporting this forum either.  All his energy is going into the SI site...which certainly isn't a forum.
Like Reply