Poll: Do the Mavs out-rebound AND score more points in the paint tonight against PHX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
58.33%
7 58.33%
They out-rebound them, but don't score more points
0%
0 0%
They score more points in the paint, but lose the rebound battle
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 1: DAL (0-1) vs. PHX (1-0)| 114-121 loss
(05-03-2022, 06:10 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Just not enough defense from the mavs. Powell looks to be the weak link. Luka is working too hard on offense and it hurts his defense. He had to after Brunson played so terrible. We need better defenders

No we need a better center and then we need a lot more offense.
Like Reply
Disappointing first game, but it's hard to win when the opponent shoots that well. PHX was shooting 67% overall at one point and even CP3 prayer shots were going in. (Although I thought the last one was actually a travel as his foot was down before the ball left.) They have been shooting well for several games now, the entire playoffs and a little before. I think there is a realization that their championship opportunities will be limited, certainly CP3 sees this, and they are locked in on playing their best game, every game. With Sarver as the owner, and his history of frugality, there is no guarantee the team stays together long term.

Looks like DAL needs to do something to disrupt the PHX rhythm, like picking up the defense in the backcourt or going super small and running. I'm not sophisticated enough in Xs & Os to know what changes to suggest. I do trust Kidd to try something different. For example, what happens if you start Boban just to put a big body in the middle and change Ayton's game a bit?

I think DAL will have to win one ugly to get respect and gain the confidence to have a shot at winning the series.
Like Reply