Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
(05-05-2022, 10:26 AM)cow Wrote: Dinwiddie has shrunk in the playoffs.  JB has shrunk against PHX.   DFS is one of the Mavs more consistent players save for last night, when he was saddled with fouls.   And that's not absolving him for picking up those fouls.  Dorian is easily one of the three best players on the team and that's a problem.  He needs to be your fourth of fifth best starter.
In other words, he needs to be Angel Prince!!!
Like Reply
(05-05-2022, 09:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I think overall SD is a "better" (overall talent and skill) player, but just as I think JB is limited by Luka, so is SD limited by Luka and some of that skill and talent is muted.

I think DFS is generally one of the Mavs three most important players in how they play (and I think Luka makes DFS look much better than he is, he amplifies him)...though the Mavs actually got along just fine without him in the game last night.

I guess agree to disagree.  Din is a better offensive player than DFS, but Dorian more than makes up for it with his defense.  I also think for all the complaining about KP availability, Dorians availability, including the ability to play very high minute loads, tends to be overlooked.
Like Reply
(05-05-2022, 10:46 AM)mvossman Wrote: Dorians availability, including the ability to play very high minute loads, tends to be overlooked.
Like Reply