Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+13, 11 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast, 1stl)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+12, 9 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, CLAMPED Mitchell)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+6, 2 pts, 1 rbd)
0%
0 0%
JALEN BRUNSON (+15, 41 pts, 8 rbd, 5 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO, 15-25 FG)
80.00%
28 80.00%
Dinwiddie (+6, 17 pts, 4 rbd, 6 ast, 2 stl)
0%
0 0%
Maxi CALL ME Kleber (+0, 25 pts, 6 rbd, 3 ast, 8-11 3pt FG)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Burke (-5, 3pts, 1 rbd)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 2 DIRKIE: BRUNSON BURNER! (80%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...Lo5YoqAAAA

https://twitter.com/swish41/status/15162...-j5ooqAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jmoaj86ofy3f03tgqy...y.gif&ct=s]
Like Reply
Three way:  Jalen, Maxi, DFS
Like Reply
Maximilian Kleber. What a time to break out of your shooting slump in spectacular fashion. 

Utah might have the all time worst perimeter defense in the playoffs. You saw in this game exactly why Gobert gets no respect despite his regular season advanced stats.
Like Reply
41=Dirkie
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Fuerza1
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:01 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Utah might have the all time worst perimeter defense in the playoffs. You saw in this game exactly why Gobert gets no respect despite his regular season advanced stats.

It is FAR, FAR, FAR from Gobert's fault.
Like Reply
41 points, ZERO turnovers. 

Case closed. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Brunson, please don't leave us.  Maxi played well enough to win a Dirkie but JB was the little engine.
Like Reply
Maxi was incredible, and I now understand his strategy of saving all of his 3s for the playoffs.

But Jalen "Pay the man" Brunson with the career high in a playoff game no doubt deserves the Dirkie. Remember when his biggest question mark was whether he is the type of guy who can produce in the playoffs? I think that narrative has now officially passed.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Jommybone, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
That was a high character game for JB and the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
#13 ends up in the rafters when it’s all said and done. 

Favorite 2 things about this game: (1) Jalen with ZERO turnovers on the night, and (2) the Jazz daring Maxi to shoot 1st Q. LMFAO!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
WHAT A FREAKING GAME!

Jalen Brunson puts together a legendary game. Maxi Kleber comes back with a fury.

Heck Dodo literally clamped Mitchell at the end. Dinwiddie had some amazing set ups at the end too.

Gotta give it to Jalen. 41 pts career high with ZERO turnovers is amazing. 

Luka Doncic. Dirk Nowitzki, Rolando Blackman, Nick Van Exel, and now Jalen Brunson are the only Mavericks to have 40+pts in a playoff game.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...up54oqAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Hogmelon, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Jason Kidd with an absolute baller response:

"You lost the rebounding game again by 19 tonight, how do you make sense of tonight's game?"

Kidd: "Yeah well, you can't win every stat. You guys will pick apart everything.... We didn't turn the ball over, we won that stat. We also won the most important stat, we won the game."
[-] The following 11 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, embellisher, haveitall, Hogmelon, KillerLeft, MFFL, michaeltex, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
Lots of heroes tonight, but JB joining the rare company of 40 point gamers gets it from me. Painful not to give it to Maxi as he finally got out of his slump, but hopefully he keeps it up and gets his Dirkie next game
Like Reply
[Image: yptc5j8mieu81.jpg?width=678&auto=webp&s=...807bd95f0f]

the Brunson Burner.
[-] The following 8 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, Jommybone, LifeAquatic, michaeltex, mvossman, ReunionMav, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
In a must win playoff game, Brunson led the team in points, rebounds, and plus/minus.

Zero turnovers.

Career high 41 points, btw the most by any one in the playoffs thus far...

https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/4dbf0...dec5bc.jpg
[-] The following 3 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1516256233065533447
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1516256233065533447

They forgot to mention his team worst +/- in the first half.  Weird!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:27 PM)cow Wrote: They forgot to mention his team worst +/- in the first half.  Weird!

Rich stuff coming from Mr. Jalen "Trade Me" Brunson.
Like Reply
Uh...that was a pretty good game!  Who do I give my Dirkie?

Powell was not effective tonight.  Looks like Gobert was too big and too tall, but more importantly Powell is part of tandem duo consisting of Luka and--himself.  No Luka.  So...Powell wasn't effective as we'd like to see.

Reggie Bullock--did ok.  Played some good defense and scored a few points.

DFS!...was having an off night scoring, but he played some defense.  Man...did he play defense, especially on Mitchell.

Holy shit!  Maxi...my man!  He broke out of his shooting slump.  And I'm not giving him a Dirkie?  Nope.

My little engine who could has become a STREAMLINER who did!  He sliced and diced and gave Utah everything they...couldn't stop.

Truth is...this Mavs team fought like bulldogs all the way to the wire.  A good team win.  

My Dirkie goes to Jalen Marquis Brunson.
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • ReunionMav, Smitty
Like Reply