Poll: Who steps up to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
35.71%
5 35.71%
Dinwiddie
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bullock
0%
0 0%
DFS
14.29%
2 14.29%
Powell
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Someone else (mention who!)
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss
(04-17-2022, 05:23 AM)burekemde Wrote: It's clear that the creativity/playmaking can only and only come from Brunson and Dinwiddie. No other player can create and attack the paint like the two, now that Luka is out. Essentially, every single play needs to go from the two. And ideally they are in same lineup, to make things a lot more complex for Jazz.

I thought the Jazz had a solid strategy yesterday.  They have the upper hand with talent, but I thought they had a strategy that could withstand a free throw deficiency and not hitting a lot of threes.

For the most part I thought Jalen and Dinwiddie got good looks.   Now, I don't really like 25 shots from Jalen but if I am the Jazz I am fine with him taking average to difficult shots if I can limit lobs to Powell or open looks for the other players.  Brunson is just not Luka...obviously.  That isn't a slight either.  Luka will punish teams if you let him get into the lane.  He will score, get fouled and make passes only a few people in the world can make.   Brunson and Dinwiddie are good at this but just not Luka.   My biggest fear would be late in games when they switch and either Brunson or Dinwiddie would need to beat Gobert with everyone else staying on their man.  I thought this would be where the Mavs came up short.  It didn't really come to fruition yesterday, but I think it will be a big factor as the series goes on.  

If Luka is out for game two, the Mavs may need to test drive Burke.    It just feels like the offense gets stagnant when one of Brunson or Dinwiddie is out.    I am not a big fan of Burke and Brunson in the game together though.    But I think another creator is needed when Dinwiddie sits.  Burke is about the only option.   

As much as I like Josh Green, I was worried Playoffs may show his holes. It is only one game and I think the Mavs need to play him.    The Jazz are just going to force him to hit open threes....much more than he did in the regular season.  He will find himself wide open until he hits a few.    I like Green and think he develops into a real nice glue type player who really helps teams win.  It is just tough seeing Maxey go for 38 in a playoff game on the same day Green really struggles on offense.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss - by Chicagojk - 04-17-2022, 08:21 AM