Poll: Who steps up to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
35.71%
5 35.71%
Dinwiddie
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bullock
0%
0 0%
DFS
14.29%
2 14.29%
Powell
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Someone else (mention who!)
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss
(04-16-2022, 04:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yes! So many talk about second and third best player on this team. Well great! When comparing lower talent to themselves, there is going to be someone who rises to the top…look at DFS!  Wink

I know that is a shot at me, but I agree.  I fucking love DFS but he needs to be your fourth best player and the 5th best player needs to be the likes of Maxi (at least when it had confidence) or Powell.  All of our 2nd best players are a tier or two below what this team needs, someone who can carry the load if Luka isn't available.  

I'm also now convinced more than ever that Jalen is a 6th man.  Do you pay a 6th man 20m per?  I don't think the Mavs have a choice, fortunately and unfortunately.  

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop on Spencer and my fears came true that it happened in the playoffs.  Talk about shrinking in the moment.  

As impressive as Coach Kidd has been, I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of creativity on the offensive end.  The ball just sticks too much and let's defenses reset.  

Josh Green had some impressive defense in stretches tonight but I'm not sure you can play him.  Utah stuck Gobert on him and he literally didn't cover him.  

Speaking of not covering, I think Snyder is smart enough to exploit DB/JB on defense more often in game two.  I'm surprised it took them so long to go to that in this game.  I can't imagine we'll get away with giving DB as many minutes next game.  And for the love of God, figure out a way to get him shots if he's out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss - by cow - 04-16-2022, 08:06 PM