Poll: Who steps up to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
35.71%
5 35.71%
Dinwiddie
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bullock
0%
0 0%
DFS
14.29%
2 14.29%
Powell
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Someone else (mention who!)
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss
Gotta hit the freebies.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 01:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: How are we pinning this on Cuban. Mavs are without their superstar. Utah SHOULD be walking over the Mavs right now.

What you mean how are we pinning this on Cuban? He has a $100M+ payroll without Luka after ten years of rebuilding that can barely score 80 points.
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 01:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Already time for another Brunson vs length debate? I am still hoping that he will have an easier time once/if Luka returns.

I think Brunson has been fine.  I'm starting to question coaching and offensive sets.  We don't generate easy looks and you can only ask Brunson and Spencer to carry so much of the load.  You have to do something differently with Luka out instead of trying to get others to approximate him.
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 01:59 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: What you mean how are we pinning this on Cuban? He has a $100M+ payroll without Luka after ten years of rebuilding that can barely score 80 points.

The same team that has held the Jazz full roster to sub 80 in that same time frame? Newsflash you shouldn't be surprised a team can't score when their historic scoring superstar is out.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Maxi -16
DFS -15
RB -13
JB -9

...through three quarters.....
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 02:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Maxi -16
DFS -15
RB -13
JB -9

...through three quarters.....

What was it through the half?
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 01:59 PM)cow Wrote: I think Brunson has been fine.  I'm starting to question coaching and offensive sets.  We don't generate easy looks and you can only ask Brunson and Spencer to carry so much of the load.  You have to do something differently with Luka out instead of trying to get others to approximate him.

Should have tried some Brown, Burke and Ntilikina, when it was obvious Maxi and Green can´t throw it in the ocean.Can´t win when your bench at seven points (on wide open shots) and zero assists. The starters hold their own. 

It´s simply a matter of getting better players.

We all know Cuban won´t be able to, but we should really take a step back, try to consolidate our cap (get rid of Maxi, Burke, Boban, THJ) for some youth/upside and picks.

Anyway give it all. Still close enough.

(04-16-2022, 02:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The same team that has held the Jazz full roster to sub 80 in that same time frame? Newsflash you shouldn't be surprised a team can't score when their historic scoring superstar is out.

Michael Jordan was also a historic superstar and he wasn´t winning until they got him a legit 2nd star and Ron Harper/Horace Grant/Toni Kukoc are a f***load better than Dinwiddie, Brunson and Kleber.
Like Reply
Curse of Cuban.
Like Reply
What in the world is this sequence. These refs are useless.
Like Reply
Free throws...
Like Reply
Got to get Bertans off the court the man is getting eaten alive.
Like Reply
Utah finally makes the easy adjustment.
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 02:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Should have tried some Brown, Burke and Ntilikina, when it was obvious Maxi and Green can´t throw it in the ocean.Can´t win when your bench at seven points (on wide open shots) and zero assists. The starters hold their own. 

It´s simply a matter of getting better players.

We all know Cuban won´t be able to, but we should really take a step back, try to consolidate our cap (get rid of Maxi, Burke, Boban, THJ) for some youth/upside and picks.

Anyway give it all. Still close enough.

Not really disagreeing with your points but the offensive game plan does the team no favors.  Everything is Jalen and Spencer taking their man off the dribble for a pull up jumper or dive to the cup.
Like Reply
Wow Kidd won the challenge. Big 3 by JB
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Golbert is a man among boys out there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 02:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Michael Jordan was also a historic superstar and he wasn´t winning until they got him a legit 2nd star and Ron Harper/Horace Grant/Toni Kukoc are a f***load better than Dinwiddie, Brunson and Kleber.

Youre right. It took the Bulls almost 8 years to assemble that team.
Like Reply
Really love that DFS and JB have huddled the team up on ball stoppages to coach their teammates up.
Like Reply
I hate Donovan Mitchell so much. The hate is probably fairly irrational, I know, but he is easily in my top 5 handful of hated players in the league.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, MFFL, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Brunson just not offensively talented enough to carry a team in the playoffs. And that's not a knock. Just reality.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DrMav, MFFL
Like Reply
Rebounding Sad

Terrible game by Dinwiddie.  Second biggest stock drop on the team aside from Maxi.  Bullock makes to top three.  Forgot about Josh...
Like Reply