Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21/22 Regular Season DIRKIE Summary
Got bored at work ... number of DIRKIES won in regular season (tiebreaker is fewer GP)

01. Luka          15
02. KP             7
03. Brunson        6
04. DFS            5
05. Bullock        4
06. Dinwiddie      3 (21 GP)
07. Green          3 (67 GP)
08. Powell         3 (82 GP)
09. Moses Brown    2 (26 GP)
10. Kleber         2 (59 GP)
11. Pinson         1 (19 GP)
12. Chriss         1 (34 GP)
13. THJ            1 (42 GP)
14. Frank          1 (58 GP)

totals to 54 as game 4 and 33 had 2 DIRKIES awarded

List of snubs: 
Sterling Brown (49 GP)
Burke (42)
Boban (22)
Bertans (20)
WCS (18)

List of "who?":
Knight (5)
Omoruyi (4) - too bad he got hurt
King (4)
McLaughlin (4)
Jones (3)
the 3rd Brown (Charlie) (3)
the other Moses (Wright) (2)

List of "really?":
IT (1)
[-] The following 7 users Like Halfnir's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Hogmelon, Jommybone, Kammrath, khaled1987, SleepingHero
Like Reply
AH You took my idea from me! I had an excel I was updating throughout the regular season! L-O-L. I guess I gotta be quicker next time in posting the actual results.

Moving on from the callous and obviously premediated act,

I'm still surprised at how many dirkies KP won this year. 7 in 34 games was quite a bit and put him at around the same pace as Luka (according to my excel Luka had 7 when KP was traded). 

IT is definitely going to be a fun trivia question a couple of years from now. Remember when Amare Stoudemire was a Mav?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Powell probably should have had more, but that looks about right. E
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 07:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Remember when Amare Stoudemire was a Mav?

And don't forget about former Maverick great Eddy Curry  Tongue
Like Reply
DFS with zero Dirkie's is a crime.  Who is DSF?  Dennis Smith's father?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Halfnir
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 07:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Remember when Amare Stoudemire was a Mav?

(04-14-2022, 10:58 AM)Jmaciscool Wrote: And don't forget about former Maverick great Eddy Curry  Tongue 

And don't forget Tony Romo!!!   Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I was (am) a Mav  Big Grin

[Image: OIP.ENiXme0TkXPEgjIl5OlzOwHaEK?pid=ImgDe...&h=117&c=7]
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 01:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I was (am) a Mav  Big Grin

[Image: OIP.ENiXme0TkXPEgjIl5OlzOwHaEK?pid=ImgDe...&h=117&c=7]

[Image: Luka-Doncic.jpg]

Can we talk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkksL5KYC_c
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 11:18 AM)cow Wrote: DFS with zero Dirkie's is a crime.  Who is DSF?  Dennis Smith's father?

Oopsie, fat fingered.
I'll edit and act as if nothing happened Big Grin
Like Reply
The interesting (yet evil) question is, would THJ have got a second DIRKIE to leave Chriss and Pinson behind if he played another 40 games?
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 05:38 PM)Halfnir Wrote: The interesting (yet evil) question is, would THJ have got a second DIRKIE to leave Chriss and Pinson behind if he played another 40 games?

Now that's interesting. THJ was playing pretty poorly before he got hurt. Outside of the random game where he got super hot and hit 6 threes, he was downright terrible. 

Would he have shaken his cold spell? Would the team be worse off if he kept playing and prevented Josh from getting minutes? 

I'm doubtful THJ would've suddenly turned it around, but he was due for the random 30 point night earning him a Dirkie so my money is on that. 

After writing this up and thinking where this team would have been had THJ been healthy I'm feeling a bit downtrodden. Mostly because I think the Mavs wouldn't have had as much success as they did if THJ was still playing. Him going down simplified the bench rotation and opened up a spot for Green to get a chance to play.

As a teammate I think THJ has been one of the best examples of what being a Mav should be about. That's why at least for me it'll hurt trying to find deals to move on from him this summer (even if he can have the most horrid shot selection at times).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 05:34 PM)Halfnir Wrote: Oopsie, fat fingered.
I'll edit and act as if nothing happened Big Grin

Seriously though, nice work.  

DFS would win more Dirkies if it weren't for the anti-cow bias on this board.  At least I helped get the man paid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 06:44 PM)cow Wrote: if it weren't for the anti-cow bias on this board

Mavericks will always look down on cows. Some things just don't change Smile
Like Reply