Poll: Who is the Mavs MIP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
33.33%
10 33.33%
Powell
6.67%
2 6.67%
DFS
26.67%
8 26.67%
Green
33.33%
10 33.33%
Someone else (mention below!)
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Mavs Most Improved Player this year?
(04-11-2022, 06:23 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Good idea and well done on the set up.  For me:

Not Green.  You have to have a track record to improve upon it.

Not Powell.  He was statistically the same or better in 18/19.  Just needed to get KP out of his way.

Not JB.  Most of his improvement is from playing more minutes.  His per-minute data is fairly similar to last season.

For me, it is DFS.  You can see his improvement in notable jumps in advanced stats.  He nearly doubled his VORP and had a 50% jump in WS/48.  That and the ways he has expanded his game as noted in the OP.

I agree with Green.  I really consider last year a redshirt year for him.   I have been pleased with his development.

You really can't go wrong with DFS.  His game has really grown.  

Although, I do think Powell should be neck and neck with DFS.   His passing on the short roles has really improved.   Most times he makes the right play.   Maybe not great creativity but usually the smart play.  In addition, until the last two games, he was flirting with 80 percent free throw shooter.    Lastly, he is not a plus defender, I don't think.  But I do feel like our lineup with him as the lone big hasn't been attacked like it was previously.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Mavs Most Improved Player this year? - by Chicagojk - 04-11-2022, 07:22 AM