Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When did this forum begin?
When SI took down the old message boards as the site transfered to what is dallasbasketball.com today, I lost contact slowly. Early Fisher tried to get a board reorganized but eventually I gave up. I don't even remember my old username. I recognize many here...I may be new here but I'm a lifelong fan back to days of Bill Spanarkle. Who or what do I give thanks to for this board?

For the record, as a reintroduction, I'm pro Mavs and no fan of Cuban. My biggest dream other than multiple Championships is Cuban isn't around to destroy the roster after the next one.
[-] The following 2 users Like WVMav's post:
  • fifteenth, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Welcome! 

When Fish went to SI, and SI didn't provide him with a message board format, @"Magickian" set up a new home for us. We almost went out of existence a second time but     @stepbackjay  saved the day.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, KillerLeft, SleepingHero, WVMav
Like Reply
Welcome back and I'm glad you found us! 

The board originated almost as soon as Fish moved to SI (and confirmed he wouldn't be taking us with him). Then Magickian stepped up and created this entire board in essentially a couple of days. He included features many have asked for years at db.com and so much more. Magickian then had to step away for personal reasons, and StepBackJay stepped up and assumed running costs (to which we're incredibly thankful for).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth, WVMav
Like Reply
Then Kam and Clutch resumed providing all the news, like they did for Fish. But then aliens from the planet Discord took Clutch to their homeland.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, SleepingHero, WVMav
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:21 PM)fifteenth Wrote: But then aliens from the planet Discord took Clutch to their homeland

Yeah... I miss Clutch.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Kudos to all of them. I see the option to donate and hopefully I can help there eventually. Personal matters right now...but it is good to see names I recognize.

BTW, my apologies to Jim...not sure how I called him Bill. Must've had Wennington in mind also.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WVMav's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Wanted to make an old joke about those of us who remember Spanarkel before his NCAA tournament career are too old to even get his name right.

Was my 1st Mavs hero, before Brad Davis made it through Canada.
[-] The following 3 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • DallasMaverick, ReunionMav, WVMav
Like Reply
I found DB around '04 but didn't think much of it.  I think Simmons' podcast mentioned it around then talking w/Stein.  Before '09 playoffs against the Nuggets is when I started having to check in everyday.  The Kenyon Martin push of Dirk on a drive sticks out but everything else about that series sucked.  Then an . . . overenthusiastic poster started 'peeing' (Fish's words) all over Fish's board and soon it was over lol.  I recognize most everyone who is here, from when they were over there.  Thank you to everyone here who makes this site what it is!  I would like to pitch in also and will do so.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth, WVMav
Like Reply