Poll: Where are you from?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
32.11%
35 32.11%
North America (not Dallas)
35.78%
39 35.78%
Europe
22.94%
25 22.94%
Asia
6.42%
7 6.42%
Australia
0.92%
1 0.92%
South America
0.92%
1 0.92%
Africa
0.92%
1 0.92%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CHECK IN: Where are you from?
[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
We now have 501 registered users...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 01:48 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Believe it or not, I have been lurking in this forum for more than 10 yrs now. I remember when it was dallasbasketball.net or something, reading suggestions on what shall we do with the DUST chip and such.

This thread has made me register and post for the first time. It is good to hear that I am not the only Filipino (Philippines) in this forum, but I am staying currently in Switzerland.

I have been a Dallas Mavericks fan since 2003 - was a CWebb/Peja fan before, but when I saw how Dirk played, man, have I changed my mind so quickly.

I remember a lot of fond memories with the team, some of which I lurked around here to read your insights.

- Dirk/Tmac rivalry
- Our first trip (heartbreak) from 06.
- Dirk's drive to the hoop to force an OT G7 versus the Spurs - also when Diop shut Duncan down for a few possessions.
- We believe Warriors Sad
- Our fascination with Rodrigue Beabouis' wingspan.
- DUST Chip/Matt Caroll chip.
- Lebron Come to Dallas recruitment song
- Our championship run where we counted down the remaining wins until we reach 16.
- 3D plan (powder).
- Chandler Parsons will bring FAs here.
- Refreshing every 3 mins to read updates about DeAndre Jordan.
- DSJ excitement
- Luka's Arrival
- Kristaps Porzingis Trade.
- Dirk's beautiful retirement.
- Luka's buzzer beater from the bubble.

And a lot more to come! I may not post that much again here, but I am happy to share these memories with you guys from all over the world!

Cheers!

Haha the DUST-Chip - that was one of the first articles I read from Fish. It was great to finally find this community... I have a very similar memory as you.
Like Reply
(12-09-2020, 01:59 AM)SweetFidelia Wrote: Grew up 25 miles north of Abilene, aka the middle of nowhere.  Lived in the country and had 3 channels.  CBS was UHF, so it looked like the Cowboys always played in a massive blizzard.  I remember the 10 pm local news highlights of the Mavs / Lakers in 88, but I didn’t care too much about the NBA.  But, that changed my junior year of high school becoming engrossed in the Finals and rooting so hard for the Suns and Barkley to beat Jordan and the Bulls.  Then my senior year of high school I just fell in love with the sad-sack, 11-win, Derek Harper led, Jim Jackson holdout Mavs.  No idea why.  I’ve been a Mavs nut ever since.  As an adult, I’ve lived all over, including Dallas, but I’ve been in Washington State for 10 years, the last 3 in Spokane.

25 miles north of Abilene... sounds like Anson?? I was in Abilene about 10 years for school and officiated HS sports all over the Big Country.
Like Reply
(02-10-2021, 12:12 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I was in Abilene about 10 years for school and officiated HS sports all over the Big Country.

I lived in Abilene from about the 4th grade through HS. Went to Cooper. Small world.
Like Reply
[Image: bump-post.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
We're at 599 users so far...one more user signs up and we will be at 600...
Like Reply
I am Spanish..From Valencia and now I am living on an island called Ibiza..I am sure you have heard of it ... I was always a fan of Basketball and Soccer..well I like sports in general..I currently practice martial arts a couple of times a week ... I always had an eye on the NBA .. but not a regular follower or fan of any particular team .. You know a bit for convenience .. follow the Bulls for Jordan, I liked the Grizzlies for Gasol and La Boma or Dallas for Dirk ... but not much, watch a game and follow the developments by the press .. (I always hated Real Madrid Sportingly speaking) .. My father is a partner of Valencia Basquet (city team) and an absolute fan of Basketball, a Hooligam ... so we went together to see Madrid vs Valencia ... and there is I met Luka..at first I hated him (you know, pure envy) I couldn't take my eyes off that boy anymore..I admire the talent and genius and Luka overflows on all 4 sides .. and following Luka, I changed my sympathy for love, towards the Dallas Mavericks (my hours of sleep .. it costs me) ... is if I got here
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikelo's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Kammrath, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Now we have 600 users who have joined our community...
Like Reply
I am from Chicago, but I am currently in SoCal. I fell in love with the Mavs while watching a random Mavs playoff game in 04/05. I believe they were playing the Rockets in rd1 
[-] The following 1 user Likes MangaAfterDark's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
So, in the list of who is here, it says...

Not an evil robot

That's a great name! 

Come on Mr. Robot...we need some good posts from you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Seattle, Washington>Brownsville, Texas>Danville, Arkansas>North Little Rock, Arkansas>Weatherford/Azle, Texas>Brownsville, Texas

The last seven years before retirement, I commuted to Fort Worth every day listening to Norm Hitzges.  Norm, back then, was talking about Don Nelson flying to Germany to have beers with this young German boy's dad.  I'm pretty certain I watched every game of Dirk's career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(10-11-2021, 10:57 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Seattle, Washington>Brownsville, Texas>Danville, Arkansas>North Little Rock, Arkansas>Weatherford/Azle, Texas>Brownsville, Texas

The last seven years before retirement, I commuted to Fort Worth every day listening to Norm Hitzges.  Norm, back then, was talking about Don Nelson flying to Germany to have beers with this young German boy's dad.  I'm pretty certain I watched every game of Dirk's career.

Well, if you still worked  in FW I would say we should meet up for lunch. Sounds like you've been gone for a while though.
Like Reply
(10-11-2021, 11:48 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well, if you still worked  in FW I would say we should meet up for lunch. Sounds like you've been gone for a while though.

Yes, 18 years on January 1.  
Like Reply
(10-11-2021, 10:57 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Seattle, Washington>Brownsville, Texas>Danville, Arkansas>North Little Rock, Arkansas>Weatherford/Azle, Texas>Brownsville, Texas

Wow...

Seattle to Brownsville. That had to be something of a culture shock.

After college, I moved from MS to Dayton, OH then to Lake Charles, LA. Lot of differences to assimilate for a farm boy from a tiny town.
Like Reply
(10-12-2021, 12:46 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Wow...

Seattle to Brownsville. That had to be something of a culture shock.

Yes, Brownsville is/was 95% Hispanic with Spanish as the predominant language.  Rural Arkansas(Yell County) was another jolt, then the Black community in North Little Rock and Little Rock, where I met Sidney Moncrief and later Nolan Richardson.  When my Hispanic wife of 49.5 years passed away, I traveled to Asia, ending up with a new wife from the Philippines.  Obviously, I'm intrigued by other cultures, the differences and similarities. I spend my time writing a daily column on local politics and watching YouTube vloggers traveling the world like Bald & Bankrupt, Sabbatical, Harold Baldr, etc.
[-] The following 3 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • fifteenth, michaeltex, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I'm from Sunderland in north east England.
Only been into basketball for a couple of years after Luka started popping up on my youtube algorithm and he was playing for the Mav's. I realise there's quite a few fans who just follow players but that just seems weird to me so I'm a Mav for better or worse from now on. 

My first sport is football (soccer) and I'm a season ticket holder at Sunderland AFC and we've been pretty rubbish for most of my life tbh and are in the third tier now. If you want to get a slight view of how terrible we've been lately watch Sunderland till I die on netflix. Couldn't bring myself to watch it but it's meant to be decent. Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like northern lights's post:
  • chaparral, ClutchDirk, fifteenth, Kammrath, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I am mostly a lurker, an occasional poster, these days. Enjoy the great conversation here and breaking Mavs news! I currently live in North Carolina but grew up in Denton, TX. I lived there in 1980 when it all started. Went to games as a kid that first season. Enjoyed Patricia’s Mavs Page back in the 90’s when the Mavs were in the abyss and the internet was just cranking up. Pretty sparse member activity during those days but the debate even back then was thought provoking! (I remembering arguing the potential of Eric Montross at one point lol!)  Moved to the LMF forum when that started, then to Fish’s page, and ultimately to this board. What a journey it’s been! Have really enjoyed how this page is set up and most of all the discussion.  Keep it up fellas!   Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • chaparral, ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, Kammrath, michaeltex
Like Reply
Grew up in DFW and went to college there and then moved to Chicago after school.   Been in MD outside DC since 2001.

Tells you how long I have been posting on message boards (and my increasing age) as I haven't been in Chicago in over 20 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 06:34 AM)OBX Maverick Wrote: I am mostly a lurker, an occasional poster, these days. Enjoy the great conversation here and breaking Mavs news! I currently live in North Carolina but grew up in Denton, TX. I lived there in 1980 when it all started. Went to games as a kid that first season. Enjoyed Patricia’s Mavs Page back in the 90’s when the Mavs were in the abyss and the internet was just cranking up. Pretty sparse member activity during those days but the debate even back then was thought provoking! (I remembering arguing the potential of Eric Montross at one point lol!)  Moved to the LMF forum when that started, then to Fish’s page, and ultimately to this board. What a journey it’s been! Have really enjoyed how this page is set up and most of all the discussion.  Keep it up fellas!   Smile

I lived in Denton from 92 to 2013. Went to UNT then stuck around for a couple decades. I love Denton. Fully immersed in being a Fort Worth person now.  Smile

I watched a lot of games at bars on Fry Street back in the day and then later at Boomer Jacks on University Dr. In the 2000s.
Like Reply