Poll: Where are you from?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
32.11%
35 32.11%
North America (not Dallas)
35.78%
39 35.78%
Europe
22.94%
25 22.94%
Asia
6.42%
7 6.42%
Australia
0.92%
1 0.92%
South America
0.92%
1 0.92%
Africa
0.92%
1 0.92%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CHECK IN: Where are you from?
Omahen still hasn't said whether or not he's Crazyboy.
Like Reply
From southwest Fort Worth for the last 7 years. Raising kids here.

Lived in Denton, TX for 20 yrs before that.

Grew up in Mesquite, TX.

So I've been holding down the vertices of DFW for my 48 years on God's good creation.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:48 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Omahen still hasn't said whether or not he's Crazyboy.

I might be a bit crazy, but I am not who are you looking for. Do you really think Crazyboy would change his nick to Omahen (what the hell is that???). Slovenia is my home, came to "Dallas" with Luka.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 02:53 AM)omahen Wrote: I might be a bit crazy, but I am not who are you looking for. Do you really think Crazyboy would change his nick to Omahen (what the hell is that???). Slovenia is my home, came to "Dallas" with Luka.
Such a Crazyboy response.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 12:50 AM)fifteenth Wrote: From southwest Fort Worth for the last 7 years.  Raising kids here.

Grew up in Mesquite, TX.

So I've been holding down the vertices of DFW for my 48 years on God's good creation.

I went to Poteet in the late 90s.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 03:11 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 12:50 AM)fifteenth Wrote: From southwest Fort Worth for the last 7 years.  Raising kids here.

Grew up in Mesquite, TX.

Oh, wow. I had a couple of friends that went there in the late 80s. I graduated from Mesquite High in 1990. Spent a good bit of time in Sunnyvale with my friend from Poteet.

(11-17-2020, 02:53 AM)omahen Wrote: Slovenia is my home, came to "Dallas" with Luka.

Luka's girlfriend confirmed :-P
Like Reply
FYI, Omahen, Crazyboy was a German fan who was a major part of the old board. Very opinionated, like you,  Tongue and a big fan of cats.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Very opinionated, like you,  Tongue

I guess he had a lot of heated discussions with other very opinionated guys, like you Smile
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 02:59 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 02:53 AM)omahen Wrote: I might be a bit crazy, but I am not who are you looking for. Do you really think Crazyboy would change his nick to Omahen (what the hell is that???). Slovenia is my home, came to "Dallas" with Luka.
Such a Crazyboy response.  Big Grin

Yeah, I have known crazyboy for years and never knew he was from Slovenia.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 03:11 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

Grew up in Mesquite, TX.

Would have been MHS '88, but finished up in Midlothian
Like Reply
Man, I’m excited to have finally found this place. I thought the forums died when fish moved to SI.

From North Dallas. Grew up a Reunion Rowdy.

Been all over but now in Houston. It’s painful that the only games I can go to are ones where I have to watch Harden. Hopefully not for too much longer....
Like Reply
From Dallas. High school in Killeen down by Fort Hood tx
Like Reply
A lot of people from the old board have found us. I keep hoping DLord will post, and that crazyboy and a few other MIAs will turn up. Fish really screwed the community when he moved to SI / Maven.

I posted earlier. Grew up in Irving, been a mffl since the team was announced in 79. Moved to Arkansas in 2007. Been here through all of the ups (2011) and downs (post 3 J's, 2007) and very excited for what appears to be a bright future.
Like Reply
(11-28-2020, 01:33 PM)embellisher Wrote: Fish really screwed the community when he moved to SI / Maven.

I think we're doing alright
Like Reply
(11-28-2020, 01:37 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:33 PM)embellisher Wrote: Fish really screwed the community when he moved to SI / Maven.

I think we're doing alright

Oh, I agree, but I'm just thinking of the people who haven't found us, a lot of them probably wondering where we are, and missing one of the best sports discussion boards in existence.
Like Reply
True. Although, I'm still surprised so many didn't find the link Clutch posted on the old board. It was up for a couple months I think.
Like Reply
Bump...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Currently in Longview, but spent time in Arlington, Grand Prairie, Euless, Temple, Houston, St. Louis.

I remember the bad years, was in Houston during the Hakeem championships, got back to Dallas area in time for the Dirk era. Found the old boards and paid my $0.10/day to support Fish's efforts. But the open board was always better than the "premium" forum. I'm really grateful to all involved for getting this one going since the SI board was a disaster.

I remember CrazyBoy and the cats. I offer this in his place...

Luka's ultimate lob partner.

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
Born and raised in Dallas, specifically Lake Highland in Northeast Dallas county. Currently based out of Nashville, TN while I finish up a degree program at Vanderbilt.
Like Reply
I was born in Dallas, lived in Sherman for most of my life. Was excited to finally have an NBA team to root for in 1980 when the Mavs were formed. Remember when the Mavs got Brad Davis from the Anchorage Northern Knights so they could get the ball past half court so they could run Motta's offense. Long time LMF board member, but don't feel like I belong there in the current climate of 2020, so...
Like Reply