Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks
(03-18-2022, 10:52 PM)Jommybone Wrote: No, I agree with your serious doubt. But I still don’t believe it. There has to be another explanation, no? (Or there isn’t and I’m wrong. Happens all the time, most recently in my NCAA bracket.)

Sken said a few posts ago that the 52 was a severance package. Is he wrong? That seems crazy high for what I think of as severance. But it’s easier to believe there are valuable components in an NBA exec’s severance package that I don’t know about than it to believe they offered that kind of dough for shutting up or that he said no to it.

"Sken said a few posts ago that the 52 was a severance package."

Okay ... but isn't that what the lawsuit is, essentially, an allegation of wrongful termination that requests compensation for said termination? The wording of the 52M offer seems it was primarily an attempt to make the just-filed EEOC complaint disappear, which was filed about wrongful termination (alleging it was retaliation for pushing to implement justice in the workplace), and a complaint that MC alleges was just lies based on other lies.

I don't disagree with you that the 52M is puzzling and seems way contradictory actions to MC's stance that Donnie is just making up crap. Frankly, so does the 66M 10-year offer, if as MC alleges it was just a response to Donnie trying to blackmail the team based on a whole pack of lies.  

Here's what I see - both MC and Donnie know if this is all lies like MC says. They both know who is lying and who isn't, and they both know the other knows too. So how could MC be supposedly "blackmailed" into offers of 66 and 52, if as he says it was 100% just fiction made up all along, and both he and Donnie knew that? Those offers make no sense to me, for MC to make them if he is responding to pure fiction (as his response alleges). So if it isn't pure fiction like MC claims in his response, then MC is lying about that much, and who knows what else.

But -- that's only my reaction for now, and I'm with you in the feeling that there is way more that we will find out in time. We just don't know what we don't know. The rest of the story is still out there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks - by F Gump - 03-18-2022, 11:47 PM