Poll: How many assists do JB+Luka+SD get? O/U 21.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
57.14%
4 57.14%
Under
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69: DAL (43-26) vs BKN (36-34)| 113-111 WIN!!!!! DINSWISHIE
(03-16-2022, 11:06 PM)cow Wrote: I don't mind the misses but I do mind the hesitation and passing up open looks.  His confidence looks to be gone at this point.  Kidd, Luka, JB and SD need to make a concerted effort to get him some easy looks so he can see the ball go through the basket.

He got a nice layup on an ATO that ended with him cutting under the basket, and then he hit some big free throws later. I'm hopeful that will serve as a first step towards pulling himself out of this funk. But you're right. He has to start trying to score.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:18 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: DFS just held Tatum to 7/23 and KD to 8/20.  Damn.

They doubled KD all game and he still almost beat them. Nothing DFS did. In fairness, they didn't do that to Tatum. If KD has a off night, that's good defense. Otherwise you're at his mercy. It was a good strategy since Kyrie didn't play. If he plays, the narrative changes and they probably lose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
So when Luka hit his big shots late, one time he was saying something to the Nets bench, it appears.  The other times, it looked like he was talking to the fans.   Although after Dinwiddie hit his shot, they went to this area and it was where Nico and Finley were sitting.   Was Luka talking to them after he hit his shots?

Speaking of those seats, It looks like Cuban also had a front row seat on the other side of the court as well.   Obviously $ is not a concern for them, but those seats aren't given by the nets right?   I wonder how that works out.
Like Reply
(03-17-2022, 02:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They doubled KD all game and he still almost beat them. Nothing DFS did. In fairness, they didn't do that to Tatum. If KD has a off night, that's good defense. Otherwise you're at his mercy. It was a good strategy since Kyrie didn't play. If he plays, the narrative changes and they probably lose.

I actually hated the strategy. They did slow down Durant, but other Nets had a field day playing 4 on 3 against Mavs. I thought Mavs were giving up way too easy baskets. It paid off in the end, but barely.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply