Poll: Who elevated their play most to help the Mavs to this win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Josh Green (-1, 10pts, 6reb, 4stl, 2blk)
0%
0 0%
Dwight Powell (+19, 26pts, 12reb, 2blk, 81%fg)
100.00%
22 100.00%
Spencer Dinwiddie (+9, 16pts, 7to1ato, 2stl)
0%
0 0%
Luka Doncic (+16, 30pts, 14reb, 6to5ato, 2blk, 45%from3)
0%
0 0%
Davis Bertans (+10, 6pts, 5reb, 1to1ato, 20/14/50shooting)
0%
0 0%
Trey Burke (+5, 15pts, 54/50/100shooting)
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 67 DIRKIE: Ka-Powell! (100%)
Who was the player in the game who elevated his play to help the team win?
Like Reply
Dwight Scarface Powell
Like Reply
KaPowell. Best half of his career
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Beg to differ, Davis Bertans was +24 to lead all at the half.
Like Reply
Bertans with one of the worst games I've ever watched in the NBA.  Wow.  So bad.  On a night where nothing seemed to be in doubt, his status as a rotation player was.  Just dreadful on both ends.  Looked totally lost out there.

But I came here for Powell's career night.  He never stopped hustling all night. Nice job and it must have felt good after what NY did to him.
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 10:50 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Bertans with one of the worst games I've ever watched in the NBA.  Wow.  So bad.  On a night where nothing seemed to be in doubt, his status as a rotation player was.  Just dreadful on both ends.  Looked totally lost out there.

100% disagree with this. He missed some shots he should have made, but otherwise he played well.
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 11:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 100% disagree with this. He missed some shots he should have made, but otherwise he played well.

He was running around like a chicken with its head cut off on many defensive possessions.  His teammates had to traffic cop him!  Haha.  I'll give him this...  he was hustling.  But it wasn't skilled hustle, like JG.  It was frantic.  His offense was bad tonight, although a couple of his misses were late shot clock shots that I wouldn't blame on him.  I think he had his worst game on the defensive end though.  It was comical at times.  I know he's your new pet, but come on.  THIS game was bad for him, no matter what his +/- said.
Like Reply
I just went back and watched all the defensive possessions while Bertans was playing.  He was getting blown by all game.  His pick and roll defense was pretty horrible.  Made Fernando look like he was amazing.  His closeouts on shooters were comical - he would run at the guy then turn and follow him in.  Every time.  No breakdown.  Nada.  Just a traffic cone out there.  I'm sorry Kam, he plays with effort, and that's about all you can give him.  It was a bad game on tape.
Like Reply
Who would've predicted a Dwight Powell masterpiece?

Luka played a maestro of a game. Dinwiddie was again fantastic. Bertans was so-so, had a couple that just rimmed out, but I liked his eagerness to fit in and hopefully the shots start to fall. 

Green has been surprising me more and more. He's still a young gun with a lot of growth still to come, but I'm actually excited for him to grow into a player. 

Trey Burke had a tale of 2 halves... Well really 3 good quarters and a horrific 4th.  

Very odd that Kleber only played 4 first quarter minutes and was essentially benched after racking up 3 fouls.... Maybe Kidd was just resting him for Boston. 

Sterling Brown truly has had a season from hell. Almost everything he's done this year has been a big fail. Can't shoot. Can't pass. His defense is spotty. I think he's had maybe 3 games this year where I say he's worth his BAE level contract. Dead money in my eyes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply