Poll: How many quarters will Luka need to play in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
16.67%
2 16.67%
0%
0 0%
16.67%
2 16.67%
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 67: DAL (41-26) @ HOU (17-50) | 113-100 win
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...1233786881
Like Reply
Luka said, Dwight, you can't be the highest scorer in the game.
Like Reply
Why can’t Bertans hit a flippin’ 3???
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 09:53 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Why can’t Bertans hit a flippin’ 3???
We don't talk about Bruno, no no!
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 09:53 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Why can’t Bertans hit a flippin’ 3???

It'll come around.
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 09:59 PM)I hate ItsGoTime Wrote: We don't talk about Bruno, no no!

It’s a daily battle to keep that song out of my head (3 kids under 10).  You just ruined my day!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Why can't Powell be McHale to Luka's DJ
Like Reply
How can Maxi be +9 in just 4 mins when he was whistled for 3 fouls in those 4 minutes and failed to score a point?
Like Reply
Mavs win and T-wolves lose. Solid night.
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 10:19 PM)Jommybone Wrote: How can Maxi be +9 in just 4 mins when he was whistled for 3 fouls in those 4 minutes and failed to score a point?

Since the trade (not included today) your top 4 in plus minus are

1. SD
2. Bertans
3. Maxi
4. Josh Green
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Spurs beat the Jazz. Pop has the most wins now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(03-11-2022, 11:19 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Spurs beat the Jazz. Pop has the most wins now.

This is good for Pop, and good for Mavs.  Go Spurs Go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
Correct score was 113-100
Like Reply
I like Senguin.  Really nice footwork and touch and he is going to be really tough inside in time.  Also appears to have a nice feel for the game.   He is so young though.  But defense looks like it is going to be a major issue.    

It will be interesting to see how Houston builds their team.  Right now, they are just in accumulating young assets.   But watching them, you don't see much teamwork.    It was mentioned on the broadcast last night how it is pretty much your turn, my turn.   Unless you find that star, those teams typically just get lost in no mans land.    I really think Jalen Green needs some stability as he grows.   You need to limit his bad tendencies you get when you play for losing teams.

Great game from Dwight.   He just feasts on teams that don't know how to play the pick and role.   You can really see the difference between good teams who can defend against this and the teams who have no clue.

Bullock continues to get great looks but has been ice cold.  He needs to keep on shooting, but his cold streak give you thoughts if he is a long term fit here.  We need him to start hitting more shots.   Maxi too.  Not sure if he was hurt or they just decided to rest him after his rough start.   Maxi needs to get back in the rhythm as well.  There needs to be a careful balance of having him get his legs back while not over extending him.

Boban appears unplayable for Kidd.    Do you think he is back next year?  As much as he might bring off the court, do you use your end of roster spots on Boban, Burke, and Sterling Brown?   I think Boban is probably the most likely of the three to return next year, but if Boban is playing one game every 10 there needs to be at least a discussion if a young raw guy may be better.   I expect him to be back, but I wonder what Boban thinks.  He is obviously limited, but he is a skilled player.  I wonder if it bothers him fans treat him as the man with two heads.    

The lineup to start fourth was really bad.  Kidd gave them a lot of leeway and tried to see if they could figure it out on their own.   They could not.  That lineup looked like a disaster from the start and they didn't disappoint.
Like Reply
(03-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It will be interesting to see how Houston builds their team.  Right now, they are just in accumulating young assets.   But watching them, you don't see much teamwork.    It was mentioned on the broadcast last night how it is pretty much your turn, my turn.   Unless you find that star, those teams typically just get lost in no mans land.    I really think Jalen Green needs some stability as he grows.   You need to limit his bad tendencies you get when you play for losing teams.

I think such team needs a real floor general. Green and Porter are not it. Sometimes it could be a young player but it could be easier to bring in an experinced vet. Guys like Rubio or CP3 do wonders for a team like this.
Like Reply
(03-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Boban appears unplayable for Kidd.    Do you think he is back next year?  As much as he might bring off the court, do you use your end of roster spots on Boban, Burke, and Sterling Brown? 

It is really a mistery why they felt a need to sign S.Brown with so many guards/wings under contract. Did they thought Green will not play? Mavs had a much bigger hole at PF and still do. I think Burke is just fine as a third PG. Sure I would prefer a young player in such a role, but Mavs always seem to think short term. Rick obviously saw way more on court value in Bobi than Kidd does. I think he actually could be used in specific situations as instant offense rhytm changer. Like game against NY, for example. 

All things considered I don't think any of the three has positive value (they should be vet minimum) so it is most likely they will all stay with the team, unless their salary will be needed in a bigger trade.
Like Reply