Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+5, 21 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 5 rbd)
25.00%
8 25.00%
DP (-5, 13 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
SD (+5, 23 pts, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+5, 35 pts, 1 blk, 3 stl, 7 ast, 16 rbd)
75.00%
24 75.00%
MK (+16, 8 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 6 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65 DIRKIE: Luka! (75%)
(03-09-2022, 01:42 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Why are people always telling me to tap the brakes? There is room for optimism and hyperbole on this board. I refuse to brake!

I´ll be optimistic and say, if Dorian ever leads the Mavs in PPG, RPG, APG, SPG and BPG in the same season, while being the league´s best defender, we are getting further than the East finals. Cool Big Grin
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 01:42 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Why are people always telling me to tap the brakes? There is room for optimism and hyperbole on this board. I refuse to brake!
I don't understand why you don't see all the optimism and hyperbole put out on this board by more than just you. There is plenty of both sides of the discussion. I also don't see a comparison as being optimistic or hyperbolic. An assessment of DFS's strengths (since we're talking about optimism), doesn't come close to the AMAZING career Scottie Pippen had in the NBA. If the snowball starts at Scottie Pippen, where does it end up...because once that comparison is accepted as truth, the next person has to up the ante in order to add anything to the conversation. And so the snowball grows.
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 08:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don't understand why you don't see all the optimism and hyperbole put out on this board by more than just you. There is plenty of both sides of the discussion. I also don't see a comparison as being optimistic or hyperbolic. An assessment of DFS's strengths (since we're talking about optimism), doesn't come close to the AMAZING career Scottie Pippen had in the NBA. If the snowball starts at Scottie Pippen, where does it end up...because once that comparison is accepted as truth, the next person has to up the ante in order to add anything to the conversation. And so the snowball grows.

I think the point being made is "who cares what's true, I'm enjoying DFS and I'm going to scream it from the mountains!"

I concur with the point being made. DFS is the balls!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jommybone, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 11:43 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the point being made is "who cares what's true, I'm enjoying DFS and I'm going to scream it from the mountains!"

I concur with the point being made. DFS is the balls!
In that case, Josh Green is on par with Michael Jordan!!!
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 11:47 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: In that case, Josh Green is on par with Michael Jordan!!!

You like him that much? Glad you're getting to watch him! I like him, too.
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 11:49 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You like him that much? Glad you're getting to watch him! I like him, too.
I mean, they have the same amount of championships at the same time in eachothers careers, I can’t see the difference!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
My failed attempt at humor: “Why do people keep telling me to tap the brakes?” I meant that as an admission that this keeps happening because I’m optimistic and hyperbolic. Hope you didn’t read it as a serious complaint about you. But if you did, my apologies. 

I did intend to compare DFS to Pip. There are some real similarities. But yes, you are right. They’re not at the same level. (Yet!!!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)Jommybone Wrote: My failed attempt at humor: “Why do people keep telling me to tap the brakes?” I meant that as an admission that this keeps happening because I’m optimistic and hyperbolic. Hope you didn’t read it as a serious complaint about you. But if you did, my apologies. 

I did intend to compare DFS to Pip. There are some real similarities. But yes, you are right. They’re not at the same level. (Yet!!!)

Don't let @"ItsGoTime" rain on your parade, my guy. He's just a DFS hater who won't be happy until everyone else hates him, too. 

There's more than enough room for you on team DFS!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 04:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Don't let @"ItsGoTime" rain on your parade, my guy. He's just a DFS hater who won't be happy until everyone else hates him, too. 

There's more than enough room for you on team DFS!
That’s it! Bike racks, after school!  Big Grin
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)Jommybone Wrote: My failed attempt at humor: “Why do people keep telling me to tap the brakes?” I meant that as an admission that this keeps happening because I’m optimistic and hyperbolic. Hope you didn’t read it as a serious complaint about you. But if you did, my apologies. 

I got ya.  It was probably overly harsh to tell you to tap the breaks.  Go ahead and revel in DFS' recent success (and long road of improvement).  Pip is one of my all-time faves, and his uniqueness sometimes gets chipped away at casually.  The closest anyone has ever gotten to him, (but falls short), is Draymond, who lacks the scoring ability, but does a nice impression of other attributes in creation and as a defensive anchor, (on the interior vs Pip's perimeter game).  He's no Pip either, and that is how amazing of a skillset he had.
Like Reply