Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+5, 21 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 5 rbd)
25.00%
8 25.00%
DP (-5, 13 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
SD (+5, 23 pts, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+5, 35 pts, 1 blk, 3 stl, 7 ast, 16 rbd)
75.00%
24 75.00%
MK (+16, 8 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 6 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65 DIRKIE: Luka! (75%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Dodo! Great defense and a 20 burger.
Like Reply
DFS was awesome. But when your starting point guard not only leads all players in scoring but also out-rebounds Gobert, that's too impressive to overlook.
Like Reply
What was interesting here is no one really elevated their game where you go "goodness".  SD was about as expected since joining the team (albeit a high level vs. expectations).  It was nice to see Double Digit Doe Doe break 20.  Luka was Luka (recent Luka at least).  And there were lots of folks who were pretty sub standard.  And we still controlled the game start to finish.
Like Reply
Ya, the rebounds were amazing, would've like to see more assists, but what was most impressive to me was Luka's shooting %s. 52/45/85 is amazing for him!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...2673399809
Like Reply
16 boards and active defense by Doncic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Luka, by far our best rebounder. Also should have had a triple double tonight.
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 11:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, the rebounds were amazing, would've like to see more assists, but what was most impressive to me was Luka's shooting %s. 52/45/85 is amazing for him!

Add to that the improved TO# at just 3. As opposed to 6, 6 and 9 in his last 3 outings. Luka for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 11:40 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Add to that the improved TO# at just 3. As opposed to 6, 6 and 9 in his last 3 outings. Luka for me.
Oh ya! I was gonna say that too, along with his 1 block and 3 steals that is not expected from him too! Good catch!
Like Reply
I hate games like this.  Oh...we won!  I don't hate that part.  I hate that now I have to pick someone to award the Dirkie...and nobody...much, elevated their game enough to rip that Dirkie out of other players hot little hands.  So...I gotta put a little thought into this.

The starters played...ok.

The bench played...ok.

Dinwiddie scored 23 and was...ok.

DFS played yeoman's duty...and was...maybe a tad better than okay.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the team played...ok.  And they won.  I like that.

Oh yes...the Dirkie.  Luka scored 35/16/7/3 steals/1 block.  That is better than ok.  I think it was last game, or the one before...I forget (I'm old and senile)...his stats were slightly better, and I didn't give him the Dirkie for that game.  I guess I'm just a fickle fan, because I'm giving my Dirkie to Luka!...this time.  Go figure.
Like Reply
Side note: even though I still gave Luka my vote that flop on Rudy in the 3rd quarter was shameful. Even so you kind of have to give him credit for trying to get that 2nd tech on him even if in such an underhanded manner. It didn't work but in a way that was going above and beyond to try to get us the win
Like Reply
If God King keeps this elevated level of play his new contract will be as big of a bargain as his current deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
I have voted for DFS the last two games and he played better this game.  So...  I gave it to Luka.  Really controlled the game well and got the whole thing rolling right with a nice first quarter.  Thought his defense and rebounding in particular were really good this game with very active hands/feet.  Very disruptive.  Don't say that too often about his D, so he gets my vote.

But Dodo!  Think I need to upgrade my tshirt for a jersey.  Haha.  Dude has made "the leap".  It's like he mentally needs to justify his contract.  Signed his last deal and went from contributor to core member.  Now he signs this deal and he is into borderline 2nd best player on the team mode.  In March, averaging 18/6 on 59/49 shooting with 4 3's a game, all while playing top level defense.  My goodness!

I also wanted to point out that SD went for 23 with 5 3's while shooting a good % and has not earned a single dirkie vote since we are all expecting it now.  Wow.  It's a good time to be a Mavsfan!
Like Reply
Mavs have concentrated their effort on keeping team first players with chemistry. In addition keeping players that fit playing with Luka. Results are obvious, the team is in focus. This is the thing that will keep Luka at the Mavs until he retires. Brunson and Dinwiddie are must keep players as well, the fit with Luka is clear.

Everyone plays well, when the role is clearly defined and everyone happy with.

KP was playing out of the team system, and was continuously hard to maintain happy. The team chemistry has taken a boost now with him gone. Keep an eye on THJ, I've noticed many segments in games previous to his injury where he also played outside of the boundaries of team basketball and teammates visibly being frustrated. On other hand THJ is likeable guy it seems, but his play however, at times, is not. The system always works best when everyone fits in and makes other better.
Like Reply
Surprised there isn't any Dinwiddie love in the polls. I voted Luka because he controlled the Jazz effortlessly throughout the whole game but Dinwiddie was the perfect foil off of Luka.

He created his own offense at will and hit some nifty passes too. 

DFS becoming a 15ppg radically transforms who he is as a player, and the Mavs could only be so lucky if that were to happen.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 06:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Surprised there isn't any Dinwiddie love in the polls. I voted Luka because he controlled the Jazz effortlessly throughout the whole game but Dinwiddie was the perfect foil off of Luka.

He created his own offense at will and hit some nifty passes too. 

DFS becoming a 15ppg radically transforms who he is as a player, and the Mavs could only be so lucky if that were to happen.

My take is that we’re just coming to grips with Widdie being that kind of player. He was great, yes. But he’s been great. Consistently. 

Ferrari Doe (a nickname no-doubt referencing Miyagi-Do of Cobra Kai fame) is quickly turning into the second coming of Scottie Pippen. Dude is gonna start gaining league-wide recognition.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 07:07 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Dude is gonna start gaining league-wide recognition.

Really hope he gets on the all-defense team at some point
criminal that Marion never got on one
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 07:07 PM)Jommybone Wrote: My take is that we’re just coming to grips with Widdie being that kind of player. He was great, yes. But he’s been great. Consistently. 

Ferrari Doe (a nickname no-doubt referencing Miyagi-Do of Cobra Kai fame) is quickly turning into the second coming of Scottie Pippen. Dude is gonna start gaining league-wide recognition.

Woah...  tap the breaks.  Pip was one of the best defenders in NBA history and was able to absolutely lockdown guys and take their lunch money.  DFS is a really good defender, but not close to that level.  Also, Pip did a LOT more on offense than make wide open shots.  He was a guy who you could run the offense through and would distribute as a point forward. I am very happy with DFS' game evolution, but he ain't no Pip.
Like Reply
Why are people always telling me to tap the brakes? There is room for optimism and hyperbole on this board. I refuse to brake!
[-] The following 3 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
Like Reply