Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAMN-WIDDIE: All Things Spencer | "Mr Game Seven" (30 pts, 11-15 FGs, +29)
(04-19-2022, 08:02 AM)MFFL Wrote: Anyone else think Dinwiddie looks like an extra for "Winning Time"? He has the same throwback facial hair

Yea. I think he sometimes reminds me of Maurice White from Earth Wind & Fire. I dig it!
Like Reply
He sometimes gives me Coffee Black from Semi-Pro vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGo_t6W9pXk
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Love listening to Dinwiddie talk. He's a great interview
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 10:49 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Love listening to Dinwiddie talk. He's a great interview

That was important, too, because it was the one thing I liked about KP. I'm glad the Mavs got an interesting interview back in that exchange, for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 12:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That was important, too, because it was the one thing I liked about KP. I'm glad the Mavs got an interesting interview back in that exchange, for sure.

and an interesting interview without all the "me, me, me, me..." stuff!!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
He's one thoughtful and quick dude, that's for sure.  His stat decomposition was brilliant.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-28-2022, 05:03 PM)mvossman Wrote: Either way, I think we should have signed one of them over THJ, especially given our FO made it clear that playmaking with size was our top priority.  Maybe we tried and got no interest (due to not wanting to play with Luka), but I don't remember any noise about either of them at all.

I wanted to sign one of them and THJ. Boy didn't I see the tax progression.

I think DeMarre was just out of our price range and the FO might have been vary with Dinwiddies injury.

I like how it played out, so ....
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 04:16 AM)Mapka Wrote: Boy didn't I see the tax progression.

Yeah I didn't fully understand the tax implications either
What we could potentially pay next year with a re-signed Brunson, I thought would only occur after multiple years of being in the tax.
Adds up so quick just 10 to 15 mil above the tax line year one
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 12:49 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I didn't fully understand the tax implications either
What we could potentially pay next year with a re-signed Brunson, I thought would only occur after multiple years of being in the tax.
Adds up so quick just 10 to 15 mil above the tax line year one
And people poopoo’d when others talk about overpaid players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...0730371073
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...1783344134
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...1904429056
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1517334533749813255
Like Reply
You wouldn't think a player who was 6-21 could be a major reason we won the game. But here he is
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 12:15 AM)MFFL Wrote: You wouldn't think a player who was 6-21 could be a major reason we won the game. But here he is

The best part about this 2-1 start is Spencer hasn't even played a great game yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
was telling friends that this will be reborn playoff spencer cos he was just too good to get shipped out of BKN and now they are getting them come up with losing to Boston.

it is KG and PP all over again.

(04-22-2022, 03:00 AM)cow Wrote: The best part about this 2-1 start is Spencer hasn't even played a great game yet.

it is just his leadership and presence that was missing in the back court with or without luka. looks like JB has benefited the most from his exp
Like Reply
[Image: FQ_K0lUXsAAdMLm?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
The Mavs desperately need Dinwiddie to come to life to get the most out of these playoffs. He represents a whole other "gear" that the Mavs haven't even come close to achieving.
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 07:58 AM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs desperately need Dinwiddie to come to life to get the most out of these playoffs. He represents a whole other "gear" that the Mavs haven't even come close to achieving.

There is only one ball.  Spencer scoring takes away from Luka and Brunson.  Already Luka was screaming for the ball and Brunson took it himself (and made those shots).  Actually Spencer is playing smart basketball and great defense.  He didn't shoot well the first 4 games.  I expect him to drop 30 in the next 2-3 games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes haveitall's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
This is a bad matchup for Spence too.  Rudy roaming the paint limits the best part of SD’s game, attacking the rim.  He has looked really uncomfortable with his floater game and obviously the 3 not falling makes it all look worse. 

Styles make fights and in this series, Spence just isn’t the scoring threat we saw at times after the trade. 

He could pop for a big game in a Game 6 or 7 because he has that ability.  

But I think he could really show value if/when Mavs get through the Jazz and Gobert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply