Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (-6, 7 pts, 6 rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+3, 16 pts, 9 rbd, 2ast, 1stl, 1blk)
5.71%
2 5.71%
Powell (+4, 13 pts, 7 rbd, 4-4 FG)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Luka (-4, 25 pts, 8 rbd, 5 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, clutch 4th)
25.71%
9 25.71%
Brunson (+7, 22 pts, 2 rbd, 4 ast, 4 stls)
48.57%
17 48.57%
Maxi (+1, 6 pts, 7 rbd, 1stl, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Dinwiddie (+7, 14 pts, 1 rbd, 9 ast, 1 blk)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Green (+6, 6 pts, 4 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62 DIRKIE: Brunson seals it! (47%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...6510849027
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I have to give my Dirkie to Luka.

He had a subpar game for 95%, but when it mattered he led the offense to close out the Lakers and played some pretty good defense as well.

He hit shot after shot and hunted Lebron in the closing minutes. He also came up with a clutch steal. Got to recognize clutchness.

Brunson was my runner up.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...6747028484

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1498895229188984832
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 12:47 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I have to give my Dirkie to Luka.

He had a subpar game for 95%, but when it mattered he led the offense to close out the Lakers and played some pretty good defense as well.

He hit shot after shot and hunted Lebron in the closing minutes. He also came up with a clutch steal. Got to recognize clutchness.

Brunson was my runner up.

Cannot give it to him when he takes an entire quarter off. 3rd quarter was really bad.
Would give it to Dinwinddie. He kept the ship afloat and prevented a meltdown.
Like Reply
I hate 0 for 5 on 3's, I would like to see more assists (I know, teammates need to make the shots), but that Dunk when he got mad and his 4th has got to go to Luka.
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 12:51 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Cannot give it to him when he takes an entire quarter off. 3rd quarter was really bad.
Would give it to Dinwinddie. He kept the ship afloat and prevented a meltdown.

That's a fair critique. But at the same time there's not a lot a team can do when Lebron his hitting back to back 40ft shots. 

When it mattered, Luka stepped up in a HUGE way. He hit so many clutch shots and defended well too.
Like Reply
Team was 29% from deep. But Jalen went 4-6, 9-15 overall, with 4 steals.
Like Reply
The three guards were all good.  Luka made the shots down the stretch when needed.  Asked for LeBron and beat him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 12:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's a fair critique. But at the same time there's not a lot a team can do when Lebron his hitting back to back 40ft shots. 

When it mattered, Luka stepped up in a HUGE way. He hit so many clutch shots and defended well too.

Maybe stop going under the screen after he made two in a row.
Like Reply
My in depth stat crunching says JB is player of the game. DFS was #2!
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 12:58 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe stop going under the screen after he made two in a row.

Going over the screen at half court would give LB the open lane to drive. If Lebron wants to take those logo threes then by all means. It's a tough shot. He hit them twice in rhythm. 

We saw him airball those same shots in the 4th.
Like Reply
I think I have to go with Luka for his huge play in the clutch. He pulled our asses out of the fire and played with big balls when we really needed him to. Single game +/- be damned on this one
Like Reply
[Image: bd9bhn6rcwk81.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Hypermav, Jommybone
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 01:06 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Going over the screen at half court would give LB the open lane to drive. If Lebron wants to take those logo threes then by all means. It's a tough shot. He hit them twice in rhythm. 

We saw him airball those same shots in the 4th.

LeBron looked cooked. Could barely move. Not as concerned about the drive.
Like Reply
Luka, Brunson, Dinwiddie. We are going to win a ton of games with those playing big minutes. Ton of skill, penetration, smart basketball, and growing experience. It's clear that Dinwiddie is a lot more skilled player than KP, and that this was the major asset from this trade. Bertans is a nice complementary player. But Dinwiddie will turn and is already playing like a star next to Luka. The way Luka opens lanes for Brunson, in same ways Luka opens up for Dinwiddie, and as Brunson he uses that space not only by shooting but through penetration and passing.

We just need to keep both Brunson and Dinwiddie and build further on this. This is the right direction.
[-] The following 4 users Like burekemde's post:
  • Mapka, rocky164, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
Luka in the clutch was BIG... Didn't settle and attacked Lebron on consecutive possessions. But JB elevated his game to pre-trade levels. After back-to-back 8 point games and all of us falling in love with Dinwiddie... Brunson responded and looked as good as ever. Love that we have 3 guys that can attack and get points in the paint now.

Is there even a question now if the Mavs won the trade?? Award for GM of the TDL goes to Nico and Dirkie goes to Brunson.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I'm gonna go with Brunson.  He helped keep the Mavs in the game until Luka got mad in the 4th.  And I don't blame Luka.  He got hacked and undercut a lot during the game.  Refs still give calls to LA.  But...anyway...my Dirkie to Brunson.
Like Reply
Brunson for toughing out a sprained ankle
Like Reply
Super difficult choice for this one, imo. I could make an argument for everyone listed except for Bullock, probably. I went with Brunson because of his ever increasing versatility on offense.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1498...25060?s=21
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Brunson. This was a good team victory, but Brunson's three ball and penetration made the difference. 

I could see somebody voting for Luka based on his 4th quarter performance, but his game up until that point was not good, and was part of the reason we didn't coast to a W. And that -5 is an indication of just how bad his play was before the 4th, considering that we were +7 in the fourth, and he played most of it. 

DFS and Dinwiddie for 3rd and 4th.
Like Reply