Poll: Does Luka get a triple double?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN!
(03-02-2022, 01:14 PM)omahen Wrote: I agree that is the best apporach. I don't think someone could be convinced that Bertans is suited for a bigger role after plenty of years proving what he is. It is really difficult to find examples of such one dimensional players around the league. I think Forbes is a perfect example. Plays similar minutes and his main skill is three point shooting. Ellington or McGruder could be another two examples. Neither is paid over 5 million. Needless to say how overpaid Bertans is for that limited role. This alone basically makes it realistically impossible to include his many remaining years into any kind of deal. I also think Bertans will be targeted in the playoffs. 

THJ has been of course asked to do way more than Bertans is. He certainly has same gravity, people are guarding him. Clippers threw Kawhi on him to stop the bleeding last season. Problem is he is not really efficient in providing more than just pure catch and shoot shooting. But I hope some team could be convinced he could work as a starter in the right setting with other players doing most of creating and most of defending. He is great pushing the ball and can also get to the cup if there is enough space. 

I agree Mavs don't really have space for him, as they have plenty of guys who can't create but play better defense (DFS, Bullock). So if you replace THJ for one of them, the defense gets bad as main guys aren't great defenders as it is. If you replace one of the guys that can do some creating (JB, Dinwiddie), the offense becomes one dimensional Luka ball. 

So it is not really of Mavs choosing between Bertans or THJ. THJ has higher value and might be easier to be used in the right trade. Problem of course is, other teams know even better than we do, that Mavs can't really provide enough minutes to efficiently use THJ. How much will this lower his value? Can Mavs create any kind of bidding war for him?
I think it’s wishful thinking to believe THJ has any kind of value around the league. If the reports are true that Nico was shopping him around the league and didn’t find a suitor, that’s mostly all you need to know. He’s a chucker who found his shot for 2 out of 9 seasons in his career. I honestly believe this is what other FO see him as. Moving him is gonna be hard IMO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN! - by ItsGoTime - 03-02-2022, 01:38 PM