Poll: Does Luka get a triple double?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN!
(03-02-2022, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Bertans didn't do a thing last night, but was a net positive.  In his five games he's by far the Mav's top On-Off guy at +23.7.  3 Point Gravity is a real thing.

Did I mention it is nice to have a bench again.
First of all let me say, here’s to DFS being a double digit scorer for the rest of his career here!

As far as Bertans, a few things that have me taking some notice (after my immediate reaction to the trade I have gone back to wait and see, I myself will wait til the playoffs to fully assess who these guys might be with what probably will be a full season with the team next year):

1. The gravity is real. You can tell his defenders are told to stay with him anywhere half court or they won’t see playing time for the next 3 games.

2. The defense (so far) is not as advertised. He has that THJ hustle in him. Problem is guys like that are hard to play in crunch time cause the moment that lapse comes it can be a huge momentum changer.

3. Something I don’t fully have a read on, but have noticed. His two horrible shooting nights didn’t result in a loss, but his best shooting night did. I’m sure this is what contributes to him having such a good on/off. Want to keep an eye on that, cause this makes me feel meh about his ability to affect wins.

4. Other than gravity and the ability to score efficiently, like THJ, he brings little else to the table. Because of that, I’m hoping that Kidd uses last night as a template on how to use him. Let him get 10 mins of play every night. If he’s scoring, let him keep playing beyond that, if not, keep him out.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • F Gump, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN! - by ItsGoTime - 03-02-2022, 12:08 PM