Poll: Does Luka get a triple double?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN!
(03-02-2022, 02:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The team(s) still have to want him and the discussion was centered around team(s) dealing THJ as at least equal value.

THJ was injured at TDL. So any team looking to compete found little short term value in him. Rebuilding teams are not interested in a guy like him anyway. Mavs had limited assets at TDL to incentivise a trade with THJ and assets for a better player. Both situations will be better on draft night. I will be surprised if THJ is not traded for a better fitting player on draft night. Either wing or center.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 12:56 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: …As currently constructed for sure.  Right now, who is missing time when Bertans plays?  Basically Maxi and Powell getting some Two-Big run.  Not a great thing this year.

If THJ returns, he forces Bullock, Green or a PG to sit.  Those guys are all positive contributors to winning.

I don’t see that necessarily changing for THJ.  I could see myself wanting to see less of Bertans depending on the kinds of offseason moves we might make at the 4/5.

Agreed as currently constructed.  However, assuming the primary goal is to get a legit center in the offseason, the Bertans fit is not as obvious unless your sending out Maxi or Powell.  Regardless, THJ has to be first on the list to move.  He is most likely to be close to neutral value in the offseason when fully healthy and a descending contract (as somebody already mentioned), he demands a lot of minutes due to history, and he has already demonstrated a lack of fit.
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 08:06 PM)omahen Wrote: THJ was injured at TDL. So any team looking to compete found little short term value in him. Rebuilding teams are not interested in a guy like him anyway. Mavs had limited assets at TDL to incentivise a trade with THJ and assets for a better player. Both situations will be better on draft night. I will be surprised if THJ is not traded for a better fitting player on draft night. Either wing or center.
But do you envision the value from the trade we make to be THJ or the other assets you said will be available in the offseason? If we’re talking in those terms, the only reason for THJ in trade is for salary matching. If that’s all you’re saying then I agree, but that also means THJ has no value.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 09:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: But do you envision the value from the trade we make to be THJ or the other assets you said will be available in the offseason? If we’re talking in those terms, the only reason for THJ in trade is for salary matching. If that’s all you’re saying then I agree, but that also means THJ has no value.

By no value you mean neutral value, right?  That is more valuable than a lot of our contracts.  I would argue that right now Bertans, Powell, Burke, Boban, and Brown are all negative contracts.  If you are looking at most bang for the buck in a trade, getting rid of the highest paid, worst fit player who should also cost the least (in assets) to dump makes the most sense.
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 10:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: By no value you mean neutral value, right?  That is more valuable than a lot of our contracts.  I would argue that right now Bertans, Powell, Burke, Boban, and Brown are all negative contracts.  If you are looking at most bang for the buck in a trade, getting rid of the highest paid, worst fit player who should also cost the least (in assets) to dump makes the most sense.
In all honesty, after the season he just had and will not have the time to climb out of I can’t imagine a team that will view him as neutral value. It’s gonna take half a year of returning to what he was the 2 seasons previous before someone will view him as anything but negative. Count me among those that don’t believe that will happen on this team. A declining $19M contract still starts at $19M. Maybe after next year when the number goes down again and it only has 2 years left he approaches even value, but that’s my pessimistic view of him not getting back to where he was. No team needs a player that is a shooter that can’t shoot.

If we are offering THJ and some picks for a player that offer is very easy to beat from a team with the salary match and the same amount of picks.
Like Reply
(03-01-2022, 02:07 PM)michaeltex Wrote: If things keep going south for LALs, then we're probably not far from LBJ getting a back injury that ends his season.

LBJ out with knee soreness, listed as day-to-day.

Clock is ticking.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 03:34 PM)michaeltex Wrote: LBJ out with knee soreness, listed as day-to-day.

Clock is ticking.

I think Lebron is over with this season and the mess he and his agent created. Especially if AD won't be back come playoff time.  

I actually feel kind of bad for Russ. He came to his hometown team and wanted to win. I know if I had a chance to come play for the Mav and I shat the bed so hard that not even my family can come watch the games due to the negative reactions from fans I'd be crushed.

He's a bad player and his play does deserve the boos since he refuses to change who he is, but you still gotta feel for the guy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 06:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think Lebron is over with this season and the mess he and his agent created. Especially if AD won't be back come playoff time.  

I actually feel kind of bad for Russ. He came to his hometown team and wanted to win. I know if I had a chance to come play for the Mav and I shat the bed so hard that not even my family can come watch the games due to the negative reactions from fans I'd be crushed.

He's a bad player and his play does deserve the boos since he refuses to change who he is, but you still gotta feel for the guy.

I think that is the plight of the uber-athletic, low skilled, chucker guard.  RW has made it longer than I thought he would and he's had a decent career for himself.  But they always have a hard time transitioning and no longer being "the man".  AI was a famous version.  They lose that super human athleticism, and they can't operate off the ball.  Its just sad.  Does he get another chance after his contract expires?  Does he want to keep playing?  It took melo being out of the league for a year and really rededicating himself to the things that would keep him in the league - like efficiency and defense - to stay in the game. But he at least still had a marketable skill.
Like Reply