Poll: What do you think the Mavs shoot from 3 this game? O/U 36.5%
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
58.33%
7 58.33%
Under
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 60: DAL (35-25) vs. UTA (37-22)| 109-114 loss
(02-25-2022, 11:41 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ^^ You could say that about every game. Every team complains about fouls or lack of calls. Sometimes you have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. They usually give calls to the more aggressive team. Were the Jazz more aggressive?  They blow plenty of calls. Unfortunately that's the human side of it that we have to live with.

I can understand this take in HS and college level ball. In the NBA, it just means you haven’t been paying attention.
Like Reply
(02-26-2022, 12:32 AM)Jommybone Wrote: I can understand this take in HS and college level ball. In the NBA, it just means you haven’t been paying attention.

Yeah ok. I'm not going to even dignify that with a response.
Like Reply
Just finished the game. What a ride!

Powell was the best Maverick on the court, by far. He was dominant on both ends (pnr defense was stellar). Dinwiddie and Bertans were both great, too.  I think it was probably a mistake not to have any of those three players on the court down the stretch.

I would take any one of them over Porzingis. Not just as a trio, mind you, I would prefer to have any one of them over Porzingis, one versus one.

Crazy how close this game was, given that BOTH Luka and Brunson struggled. I actually thought Luka had some good moments, but once again he let the refs take him out of his game down the stretch. Just before the two minute mark the jazz tied the game because he was not even paying attention to his man and barking at a referee during a transition play. He was the first defender back, and allowed his man to get the tying layup with his back turned. 

I’m not even mad. This game raised my opinion of the team despite the fact that it was a loss. I cannot believe how much deeper and more confident this team is now as a result of the trade.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-26-2022, 01:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell was the best Maverick on the court, by far. He was dominant on both ends (pnr defense was stellar). Dinwiddie and Bertans were both great, too.  I think it was probably a mistake not to have any of those three players on the court down the stretch.

I would take any one of them over Porzingis. Not just as a trio, mind you, I would prefer to have any one of them over Porzingis, one versus one.

Yeah....I get Kidd going to the closing unit he had been using previously with success....but he should have gone with DP, DB, or SD (or some combo) in the finishing lineup. I personally think DB needs to be out there down the stretch once he is more familiar with the system. The Mavs need offense down the stretch and DB can get a shot off in tight circumstances....Luka needs that kind of shooting next to him in crunch time IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I didnt rewatch the game to verify he was defended the whole game like this...but did anyone notice how close Bertans defender was guarding him?   I saw a few times where the defender couldnt even turn around and swat at the ball as Luka went by because the guy didnt want to give space for Bertans to hit a 3.  That will definitely help Luka.

Bertans has a chucking problem, imo...but if he can dial in his shot selection and hit those clean-ish looks...Luka will have more room to roam.  Bertans defender will have to guard or give up a 3.

I dont know if it is by design...4th quarters are for Luka in close games?....but did Brunson fade in the 4th?  Love Brunson...I think he is phenomenal player...but did he produce much in the 4th?  Was he shut down or was it by design and things were going through Luka?  

Maxi...Love his defensive versatility, size and his contract....but man you just cant let that guy touch the ball late in close games.   You cant trust him.  There is a high probability he will make an errant pass or fumble the ball to the opposing team if he puts in on the floor.   And...he is indecisive on shooting...even when open.   Compound that problem by adding in a playoff setting...he is most likely more afraid to shoot than not.   And I like Maxi.  But his 6 points or less a night is frustrating.
Like Reply
(02-26-2022, 08:48 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Maxi...Love his defensive versatility, size and his contract....but man you just cant let that guy touch the ball late in close games.   You cant trust him.  There is a high probability he will make an errant pass or fumble the ball to the opposing team if he puts in on the floor.   And...he is indecisive on shooting...even when open.   Compound that problem by adding in a playoff setting...he is most likely more afraid to shoot than not.   And I like Maxi.  But his 6 points or less a night is frustrating.

Agreed.
Like Reply
(02-26-2022, 01:08 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Yeah ok. I'm not going to even dignify that with a response.

You are right to say that. I regret my choice of words. Sorry.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply