Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelicans send out season ticket renewal with NO mention of Zion
Ok...thanks for you guys responses.

I asked because I thought maybe the players got a percentage of the sales.

If so...and I was Zion and if all I cared about was maximizing my NBA total earnings...and If I thought I had an injury/body type that would make my NBA career short...I would try and get to the largest market team I could before I start playing again.   Hopefully that gamble would lead to increased merch money.

Example...goes to New York.   His hype sells merch and he makes good money.   He then plays well for a year...his hype grows and a lot of merch sales come in.   Then gets hurt and his career is over.

Seems like in that scenario it would have been smart to force your way to a large market before career is over.  Financially at least.  

Its all about money.  But I guess he doesnt get merch sales so doing the above doesnt equal more money him.

I was thinking this might be why there have been murmurings about him getting out of New Orleans and rumors around the Knicks.  Seems to make sense for both parties...New Orleans gets out from an injury risk...Zion gets to make more money.   But I guess it doesnt work like that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelicans send out season ticket renewal with NO mention of Zion - by dynamicalVoid - 02-24-2022, 01:28 PM