Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelicans send out season ticket renewal with NO mention of Zion
(02-22-2022, 04:22 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Comparing KP to Zion is not exactly apples vs apples. 

Whatever you can like or dislike about KP's game, you have to admit that he always put in the work for rehab. You didn't see/hear about big weight gains or not showing for PT. Our problem was that he seemed to be always rehabbing. In fact, reports were that DAL held him out longer to get him more strength training to try and address some of the lower body concerns. 

We are farther away from the situation with Zion, but from our vantage point it doesn't look promising for his return any time soon. The fact that he is "rehabbing away from the team" has to mean something, right. Maybe something toxic about having Zion around and not holding up his end of the deal?

I was a little envious that NOP lucked in to such a talent, but thought their small-market team deserved something positive after the AD departure. Now he's starting to look more like an albatross than a pelican.

Though if you do make the comparison you can see why I'd be so out on him. When you consider that we took on extra salary and gave up a second round pick just to dump KP, and the main issue with KP was his durability. And then realize that KP played in 134 games for us from 2019 to now and Zion has only played in 85 games for the Pelicans in that same span. And then factor in that KP was at least professional enough to stay in shape and play in games when he could I would be shocked if the Mavs were willing to entertain a Zion trade with a ten foot pole even if our measly non Luka assets would be enough to bring him in.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelicans send out season ticket renewal with NO mention of Zion - by MrGoat - 02-22-2022, 05:16 PM