Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
(02-18-2022, 09:39 AM)Winter Wrote: That is actually pretty interesting. But Crowder was a second-round pick with a different salary structure. And Crowder was a monster in summer league play. Green does not warrant his current paycheck... and certainly not the salary that he will be due next year. 

And the "numbers" are pretty much all we have. He has two shot attempts. Two Assists. Three rebounds. In 25 minutes of play. Those aren't DFS numbers in any year. You can't really say, "I really like what he's doing without the ball" unless maybe you're Derek Harper and need to fill some air space.

Green is just learning the NBA and is basically trying to tread water. But I don't think you wait for a first-round pick who doesn't do anything particularly well. I don't think you draft a first-round player with the thought that they are young and you are going to have to spend 2-3 years teaching them the game - and then decide how valuable they are. That's a real luxury for a team that needs to win soon.

I really don't understand this mindset.  He has been favorably compared to DFS and Crowder trajectory, only at a younger age and faster, but we want to dump him in a trade because he will cost 3 mil next season?  We are already paying several players more than that who he has passed on the depth chart.  

He needs to be more aggressive offensively.  It will come in time.  He is already scoring the same points per 36 that DFS does now.  For a player this young, who improved significantly in his second year, I have no idea why we would not be excited to see what jump he can make next season?
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Arioch, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN! - by mvossman - 02-18-2022, 11:49 AM