Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
(02-08-2022, 02:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/LockedOnNetwork/stat...1458731013

27 games left. 10 games behind the 6th (Nuggets) seed. 6 1/2 games behind the 9th seed (Lakers). Only 1 1/2 games behind the 10th seed...but I like the positive attitude.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1491134682066743296
[-] The following 6 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, hakeemfaan, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, michaeltex, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status...8596510722
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status...8596510722

Myles seems like a bit of an ass.  He's also had plenty of opportunity to get to the next level and just hasn't.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Carlisle also was the coach of the 00s Pacers and Pistons teams. A lot has changed but I do think he can build a good defense. Getting rid of Sabonis was probably the first step.

Yeah, when Phil Jackson, Kobe and Shaq ran the NBA as you concede. I think he´s out of his depth with the new rules and only been able to adjust at one end of the floor.

While I agree that Sabonis is a poor defender, this might just be more Carlisle scapegoating and having a fallout with Sabonis. Maybe the problem is that he´s comparing them all to Dirk and they simply cannot measure up.

I recently looked up Porzingis stats and he´s playing the 2nd lowest MPG of his career and taking the 2nd fewest shots. I found this absolutely hilarious, cause now he seems happy, when touches were allegedly the huge problem between him and Luka.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/Hjwnh9znInA
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:42 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah, when Phil Jackson, Kobe and Shaq ran the NBA as you concede. I think he´s out of his depth with the new rules and only been able to adjust at one end of the floor.

While I agree that Sabonis is a poor defender, this might just be more Carlisle scapegoating and having a fallout with Sabonis. Maybe the problem is that he´s comparing them all to Dirk and they simply cannot measure up.

I recently looked up Porzingis stats and he´s playing the 2nd lowest MPG of his career and taking the 2nd fewest shots. I found this absolutely hilarious, cause now he seems happy, when touches were allegedly the huge problem between him and Luka.

Strange part is that according to the reports the fallout involved Turner. Not Sabonis. Wonder how that is going to work out now that it looks like Turner is finally playing full time center. Just looking at the roster construction this is the ultimate RC move. More ballhandling and shooting. Single big lineups. Creation coming from the perimeter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:06 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Not sure what Sac is doing. Halliburton is a better long term prospect than Fox IMO. Some players have all the athletic gifts and some just know how to play. Halliburton is in the latter category.

Great point hakeem. They should have traded Fox. Haliburton knows how to play and is clearly better player long term.

That being said, Sabonis is clearly the better player right now than Haliburton. Haliburton has higher ceiling (maybe). Haliburton may become the player like Sabonis someday. He may become much better even. But all that is maybe, even if likely.

At end of the day, Kings got the best player. Right now the trade is in Kings favour. It may turn around in future, but the uncertainity of things, tells me Kings won this trade, but later Pacers may win it. It's a difficult one to judge. Still I think Kings won this one. Sabonis can reach new levels as well, like we see with Jokic continously getting better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:27 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Haliburton might be nothing but potential. The biggest question mark on him is his scoring ceiling. Not sure if he's a go-to guy who can consistently create his own shot at a high level. Now he'll be under the guidance of Rick Carlisle? Yikes! They'll look like the OKC Thunder with SGA at best. 

Kings get the unique, multi-time all-star in his prime, and on a cheap contract. The aging Hield was a huge negative. I like the combo if they keep Fox. Pacers were a legit 4-5 seed with Sabonis as their lead dog not too long ago.

Have you seen his numbers. He is an efficient shooter, distributor and a good defender. 
Plus he is 22.  I like Sabonis as well and was a strong proponent of getting him to the Mavs despite his defensive liabilities.  

The thing is I had to construct an argument how we could make it work with Sabonis. With Halliburton no argument is needed. You can just plug him in and you get a really solid player.
Like Reply
RC definitely upgraded when it comes to front office and ownership!
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 27 games left. 10 games behind the 6th (Nuggets) seed. 6 1/2 games behind the 9th seed (Lakers). Only 1 1/2 games behind the 10th seed...but I like the positive attitude.

Not to forget the surging Timberwolves, that honestly worry me a little as a Mavs fan.

Their delusion is amazing, but that´s the kind of positive attitude that could net us Bagley + filler for THJ. Tongue
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:40 PM)cow Wrote: Seems like robbery by the Kings.

Finally catching up on todays news.  My initial reaction was LOL KANGZ.

I'll take Haliburton on my team over Sabonis.  Maybe just a personal preference thing.  Love everything about Haliburton.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Strange part is that according to the reports the fallout involved Turner. Not Sabonis. Wonder how that is going to work out now that it looks like Turner is finally playing full time center. Just looking at the roster construction this is the ultimate RC move. More ballhandling and shooting. Single big lineups. Creation coming from the perimeter.

I just can´t get the snickering of Sabonis/Porzinigis/Doncic out of my head and as you rightfully say Sabonis is not a Carlisle like big. Ironically I don´t think Turner is either. He´s not a rim-roller either. My man Goga is taking over the NBA now, if he can ever stay healthy.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:34 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Bottom line in all this is the Mavs still haven’t improved.

They have until 4:00 EST Thursday to do so.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 03:03 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They have until 4:00 EST Thursday to do so.

3:00 EST.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 03:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 3:00 EST.

I concur.   Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:34 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Bottom line in all this is the Mavs still haven’t improved.

[Image: 513duLlfl6L._SX425_.jpg]

[Image: love-and-care-my-city-royalty-free-image-1616634469.][Image: 220px-Blue_Man4_%28SP%29_2009_Brazil.JPG]
[-] The following 6 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Not an evil robot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...5201889280
Like Reply
Sabonis is averaging 20/12/5 this year, shooting 62% from the field. He´s also just 25 years old and on a long-ish value contract. But the advanced stats Twitter brigade will surely slay here again. Darling Haliburton vs. another Lavine/DeRozan-type stat-padding no defense loser.

To me Haliburton looks like a player with Brogdon-ish upside. I don´t think he´ll ever be a 20 PPG scoring option, but an overall winning player.

Of course he´s also a PG and MEET Rick Carlisle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 03:21 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Sabonis is averaging 20/12/5 this year, shooting 62% from the field. He´s also just 25 years old and on a long-ish value contract. But the advanced stats Twitter brigade will surely slay here again. Darling Haliburton vs. another Lavine/DeRozan-type stat-padding no defense loser.

To me Haliburton looks like a player with Brogdon-ish upside. I don´t think he´ll ever be a 20 PPG scoring option, but an overall winning player.

Of course he´s also a PG and MEET Rick Carlisle.

I think Sabonis is closer to become a 25/13/8 player ala Jokic level. Than Haliburton can reach there to +20 ppg. Great point, Sabonis is also really really young. He can play next 10 years for Kings, he is playing with skill and not athletic ability alone.

Haliburton is also great. Difficult to judge this trade. But most likely IMO Kings won this.
Like Reply