Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/149...8951455744
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:06 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Not sure what Sac is doing. Halliburton is a better long term prospect than Fox IMO. Some players have all the athletic gifts and some just know how to play. Halliburton is in the latter category.

Totally agree. Turner-Brogdon-Haliburton-Duarte are all good defenders. Really good basis, especially if you get lucky in the lottery
Like Reply
I really like Sabonis.  I also really like Haliburtan.  I love watching both play.

For the life of me, I have no idea what Sacramento is doing.   They needed to blow things up and build around Haliburtan and draft picks.  Stink for a few years and rebuild your team.  Quit chasing the 10th seed.  This move keeps them on that path.   In a few years, Sabonis will be moved (probably at a discount) and they will be stuck pretty much where they are now.   Irrelevant.   

How come Sacramento screws up every trade unless they trade with us?  ha
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde, omahen, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:14 PM)omahen Wrote: Which would be fine. But they moved neither, they moved their young star in the making

How about you quote the entire sentiment?
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really like Sabonis.  I also really like Haliburtan.  I love watching both play.

For the life of me, I have no idea what Sacramento is doing.   They needed to blow things up and build around Haliburtan and draft picks.  Stink for a few years and rebuild your team.  Quit chasing the 10th seed.  This move keeps them on that path.   In a few years, Sabonis will be moved (probably at a discount) and they will be stuck pretty much where they are now.   Irrelevant.   

How come Sacramento screws up every trade unless they trade with us?  ha

They are desperate for any kind of success and if Sabonis and Fox can get them into the play in that would be their best season since 2006. Desperate people making desperate moves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They are desperate for any kind of success and if Sabonis and Fox can get them into the play in that would be their best season since 2006. Desperate people making desperate moves.

Or they want to rebuild around Sabonis and this is the first shoe to drop.  They had all the talent in the world and are the 13th seed.  I'm sure they'd love to have kept Haliburton but it isn't farfetched to think they'd value Sabonis more.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Totally agree. Turner-Brogdon-Haliburton-Duarte are all good defenders. Really good basis, especially if you get lucky in the lottery

And Carlisle is the GOAT defensive coach. His teams had a non-lottery level defensive rating once in the last decade, that was the 33-49 semi-tanking Mavs that grinded the games to a screeching halt. Also Pacers fans seem to treat Brogdon like he´s the new Brandon Roy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:22 PM)cow Wrote: Or they want to rebuild around Sabonis

Seems strange to me when the more competent front office (IND) could not build a competitive team around him....
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Seems strange to me when the more competent front office (IND) could not build a competitive team around him....

Is Indiana more competent though?  Both teams have a ton of talent and are severe underperformers.
Like Reply
Haliburton might be nothing but potential. The biggest question mark on him is his scoring ceiling. Not sure if he's a go-to guy who can consistently create his own shot at a high level. Now he'll be under the guidance of Rick Carlisle? Yikes! They'll look like the OKC Thunder with SGA at best. 

Kings get the unique, multi-time all-star in his prime, and on a cheap contract. The aging Hield was a huge negative. I like the combo if they keep Fox. Pacers were a legit 4-5 seed with Sabonis as their lead dog not too long ago.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/stat...9222538240
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Fox, Barnes and picks for Simmons now?

That's not enough for Morey. He wants a true star, not just good players. Sixers will probably wait until the summer to deal Simmons. Despite all the double talk from Nash, Harden still may be in play for the Sixers.
Like Reply
What it all comes down to:

Indiana didn´t want Fox. Sacramento didn´t want Turner. So they just ended up trading their best players/prospect instead.

Two teams desperate for a change making a move.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • cow, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: And Carlisle is the GOAT defensive coach. His teams had a non-lottery level defensive rating once in the last decade, that was the 33-49 semi-tanking Mavs that grinded the games to a screeching halt. Also Pacers fans seem to treat Brogdon like he´s the new Brandon Roy.

Carlisle also was the coach of the 00s Pacers and Pistons teams. A lot has changed but I do think he can build a good defense. Getting rid of Sabonis was probably the first step.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AnilGognaNBA/status/...5787281408

Sabonis on a super-max contract?? I would say "no way"....but it is SAC afterall....
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Charlotte would be wise to try and steal Holmes now. Oubre seems like a Sacramento guy Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LockedOnNetwork/stat...1458731013
Like Reply
Bottom line in all this is the Mavs still haven’t improved.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491133404196139009
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/...3851908096
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply