Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/statu...1268787200
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • SatnamSingh
Like Reply
Wonder what this means for guys like Brogdon and Holmes.  I assume Brogdon and Haliburton will get a crack at playing together but Sabonis and Holmes makes 0 sense so you gotta think the Kings aren't done yet.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...9372289024
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • haveitall, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:45 PM)Tyler Wrote: Sacramento had 2 PGs that didn't play well together and Indy had 2 centers that didn't play well together. Seems like a pretty good deal for both teams, IMO.

Sacramento moved the good PG and Indy moved the worse center imho. Not to mention Haliburton is cost controlled for two more season and RFA aferwards, while Sabonis can leave after next season.

Sorry, Sabonis has two years left, not just one
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/149...0611788801
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:49 PM)omahen Wrote: Indiana rebuilding nicely. Brogdon and Haliburton will work well together imho. Duarte on the wing, Turner at center. Possibly a high draft pick, pick from Cleveland and all of a sudden you have a lot to work with. Haliburton is cost controlled for two more seasons. I would flip Hield for whatever expiring and they also have a lot of cap space next summer. I see a lot sense in this trade for Indiana, much less from Sacramento perspective.

Sacramento got the best player in the deal and didn't overpay.  They've been trying to get off of Hield for a while.  Sacramento's problem is they built a talented team full of Robin's with no Batman.  They now have a Batman.  I'd still like to see them move Fox.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/...6969176068
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:54 PM)cow Wrote: Sacramento got the best player in the deal

I am a HUGE Haliburton fan, and the quote above was my reaction, too. But, it sure doesn't seem like the national people are reacting that way. 

Either way, I can't wait to see Haliburton with a team that knows how to build around him.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:54 PM)cow Wrote: Sacramento got the best player in the deal and got draft and didn't overpay.  They've been trying to get off of Hield for a while.  Sacramento's problem is they built a talented team full of Robin's with no Batman.  They now have a Batman.  I'd still like to see them move Fox.

Sabonis is averaging 19ppg/5ast. That´s more of a Robin. And they gave up their best asset. In my opinon the best player on the roster. To get him. Would be a much better deal for them if it was Fox for Sabonis but if we can trust the rumors the Pacers had no interest.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen, SatnamSingh
Like Reply
Fox, Barnes and picks for Simmons now?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...0603551744

[Image: FLGIjo2VUAIh1t8?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 5 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, michaeltex, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SatnamSingh, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Fox, Barnes and picks for Simmons now?

Followed by Hardaway, Powell and a second for Holmes, Bagley and filler like Harkless
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:54 PM)cow Wrote: Sacramento got the best player in the deal and got draft and didn't overpay.  They've been trying to get off of Hield for a while.  Sacramento's problem is they built a talented team full of Robin's with no Batman.  They now have a Batman.  I'd still like to see them move Fox.

Indiana is obviously aware it is a long run game, not fix it now to get to play-in and stay there forever. They also moved the player they had to move and got a player that might be a big star soon. 

Sacramento gave up the one pick that actually wanted to play there and got a center that can't play with their current center who is putting up excellent numbers. I just fail to see how this makes them better, unless they have some more trades lined up.
Like Reply
Sabonis is obviously no Dirk
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am a HUGE Haliburton fan, and the quote above was my reaction, too. But, it sure doesn't seem like the national people are reacting that way. 

Either way, I can't wait to see Haliburton with a team that knows how to build around him.

You can use the same logic against me, but if Haliburton was that dude, the Kings would be better given the talent level.  

I like the thought posted earlier in the thread about two PGs and two Cs so the swap makes sense for both teams.  I was big on Myles Turner for a few seasons but he's just never become what I thought he had the potential of becoming.  His injury is also a touch worrisome but I'm guessing this deal wouldn't have been done if they weren't confident of him coming back at full strength.

To be clear, I'm not knocking any of the players being discussed beyond Fox.
Like Reply
What the hell are the Kangz doing? Poor Sabonis.

Side note, we should see if Brogdon can be reasonably attained, you'd figure he's very movable after this move
Like Reply
Not sure what Sac is doing. Halliburton is a better long term prospect than Fox IMO. Some players have all the athletic gifts and some just know how to play. Halliburton is in the latter category.
[-] The following 4 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • burekemde, omahen, SatnamSingh, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Indiana is obviously aware it is a long run game, not fix it now to get to play-in and stay there forever. They also moved the player they had to move and got a player that might be a big star soon. 

Sacramento gave up the one pick that actually wanted to play there and got a center that can't play with their current center who is putting up excellent numbers. I just fail to see how this makes them better, unless they have some more trades lined up.

And they kept the injured big who had the same "might be a big star soon" label affixed to him.  Now they have the next "might be a big star soon".  

Trades aren't ever going to be perfect and I'm sure there are more moves that both teams want to make.  We know Sacramento has been trying to move Fox and Barnes.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 01:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: How are we doing, @"burekemde"??

This is bad. Really really bad. I need a drink.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 02:07 PM)cow Wrote: We know Sacramento has been trying to move Fox and Barnes.

Which would be fine. But they moved neither, they moved their young star in the making
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, SatnamSingh
Like Reply