Poll: How many times will Dwight Powell use his face to defend tonight? O/U 2.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: DET (12-42) vs. DAL (32-23): 86-116 WIN!
Luka is hitting his 3's tonight.
Like Reply
I have a feeling the point of this time out is for Casey to change the game plan. I bet we start seeing Luka’s defender going under those screens.

(02-08-2022, 09:28 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Luka is hitting his 3's tonight.

They have literally been daring him to take them, so I should hope he’s hitting some of them.

Right around Bullock.

Yep! Grant went over the screen that time!

DFS!
Like Reply
GOD KING
Like Reply
THE BULL for 3!

This game seems a lot closer than it actually is.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: THE BULL for 3!

This game seems a lot closer than it actually is.

Agreed. I think it’s because it’s moving at a faster pace than we are used to seeing.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 09:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agreed. I think it’s because it’s moving at a faster pace than we are used to seeing.

That's a good point. Mavs might not feel comfortable playing so fast hence the simple mistakes we're seeing.

And right on cue.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
#TradeLuka
Like Reply
#TradeChairGuy
Like Reply
Luka taking a hard fall like that makes me shudder.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 09:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka taking a hard fall like that makes me shudder.

Especially since it was a clear flop. Pretty risky, imo.
Like Reply
I wonder if the Lakers stay in play in territory.  Do they lose to the newly revamped Pels and Kings?
Like Reply
This defensive set-up has only one major flaw: defensive rebounding. You get a C that can clean the glass you have a very good defense.
Like Reply
If Luka is hitting those then good luck rest of the league.,
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 10:05 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: This defensive set-up has only one major flaw: defensive rebounding. You get a C that can clean the glass you have a very good defense.

Only works if the center can also move like Powell or Kleber. Otherwise you are just exchanging strengths/weaknesses.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
Wait holy crap Luka has almost 30 points with 18 mins left. Dude is scoring at will.

AND THEN THE LOB TO GOD KING!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Stewart has so much potential. Just needs more experience. For a guy with his size/weight he can really move his feet. He is actually doing a good job staying in front of Luka. Just falls for the 2nd or 3rd fake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Felt like Maxi has been largely non-existent all game. Glad he made one after his cold spell .
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 10:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Stewart has so much potential. Just needs more experience. For a guy with his size/weight he can really move his feet. He is actually doing a good job staying in front of Luka. Just falls for the 2nd or 3rd fake.

Dude plays with energy and has a motor that's for sure.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 10:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Only works if the center can also move like Powell or Kleber. Otherwise you are just exchanging strengths/weaknesses.

I know. I´ll be willing to sacrifice 5% of mobility for plus 15% rebounding or if that moron Cuban had listened, we´d have substituted it with plus 25% mobility  and plus 50% rebounding, but hey who needs Jarrett Allen. Cry

You notice how Luka´s 10+ assists games keep piling up, when his main options aren´t shooting sub 30% from three on a high volume.

I see myself out now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
Does anyone know why KP does not wear knee pads since he is always getting knee bruises?

It seems he is getting this injury too often but won't wear protective padding to protect himself.
Like Reply