Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+4, 11 pts, 4 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
Bullock (+3, 22 pts, 9 rbd, 2 ast, haunts Trae's dreams)
87.88%
29 87.88%
Powell (+3, 12 pts, 7 rbd, 2 blk)
0%
0 0%
Brunson (+8, 22 pts, 5 rbd, 5 ast, 4-5 from 3)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Luka (+10, 18 pts, 10 rbd, 11 ast)
3.03%
1 3.03%
Trey Burke (+1, 7 pts, 2 rbd, 1 ast)
3.03%
1 3.03%
Green (+8, 9 pts, 6 rbd, 1 ast, 3 stl, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 54 DIRKIE: The BULL Locked it up (88%)!
(02-06-2022, 08:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If he starts to fix minor thing around the arena he might be a keeper. Janitor/player role earned Boban another contract as well.

[Image: cut-it.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If he starts to fix minor thing around the arena he might be a keeper. Janitor/player role earned Boban another contract as well.

Can't say I agree with you here. Burke did really step up as the last man standing and gave some great minutes tonight, but there are many other end of bench guys I'd rather have over Burke.

Still too inconsistent for me. I wish Devin Harris or Barea could still play cause he's exactly what we need as a 4th stringer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5215101957
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:31 PM)cow Wrote: THJ's broken foot is the real MVP.

THJ was really not playing in the team manner. Super friendly guy that is in general well liked, but just takes so many non-team friendly shots and plays. It can kill team spirit. He has some crazy great games where he cant miss, but then some completely opposite. Too inconsistent. I can definitely see the team spirit go up with THJ's absence. We lost some shooting and rim attacking he provides for sure but also gained some defence and team cohesion and also some consistency. Consistency is what kills the opponents and gets many wins.
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can't say I agree with you here. Burke did really step up as the last man standing and gave some great minutes tonight, but there are many other end of bench guys I'd rather have over Burke.

Still too inconsistent for me. I wish Devin Harris or Barea could still play cause he's exactly what we need as a 4th stringer.

@"dirkfansince1998" hates Burke more than anyone, so I’m sure he was joking. 

Personally, I think a vet who can score off the bench and who does not complain when not in the rotation is a more rare thing than we think. Probably not worth quite as much as they are paying him, but definitely a useful thing to have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:52 PM)burekemde Wrote: THJ was really not playing in the team manner. Super friendly guy that is in general well liked, but just takes so many non-team friendly shots and plays. It can kill team spirit. He has some crazy great games where he cant miss, but then some completely opposite. Too inconsistent. I can definitely see the team spirit go up with THJ's absence. We lost some shooting and rim attacking he provides for sure but also gained some defence and team cohesion and also some consistency. Consistency is what kills the opponents and gets many wins.

I was leader of the "don't resign THJ club" and I've also given a lot of hate to Reggie, but giving players a defined role and consistent minutes matters.   See:  Reggie and Josh.  THJ's minutes are just the catalyst.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can't say I agree with you here. Burke did really step up as the last man standing and gave some great minutes tonight, but there are many other end of bench guys I'd rather have over Burke.

I like the fact that Burke has the potential to get hot and light it up occasionally.  And at such a low price!  And no complaining when he doesn't get playing time!

Same with Boban.

A team needs some guys at the end of the bench like this.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • burekemde, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 08:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I like the fact that Burke has the potential to get hot and light it up occasionally.  And at such a low price!  And no complaining when he doesn't get playing time!

Same with Boban.

A team needs some guys at the end of the bench like this.

This is amazing point. It can be season defining to have players like that. I mean when they light it up Burke and Boban, at their very best, they could beat any lineup, I mean just put prime Kobe and Shaq against them they could hold their own any given moment. Not over many games, but with Burke and Boban, I always know: there is a chance they turn this game around and even win the game for us.
Like Reply
I’ll be the first to join the RB apologist club. But let’s be honest… he shot 29% from 3 for the first two months of the year. To his credit, he wasn’t given any kind of consistent playing time, though. 

Let’s hope that JK continues to give Bullock consistent burn the rest of the season.  Like others have said, the THJ injury might have been a blessing in disguise especially with Bullock’s defensive abilities.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 09:17 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: But let’s be honest… he shot 29% from 3 for the first two months of the year.

I think almost every single season of his career he has shot really poorly in the first month or two. It truly is a thing for him.
Like Reply
Luka was flat out fantastic and only flopping and bad refs could keep him from having one of the best games of season. JB was fantastic and again proving his fit with Luka is amazing.

My vote goes to Bullock. He was clutch and consistent. Played great D. He won us the game perhaps the most of anyone tonight. Made some big time shots. He is really learning where and when to be and reads Luka. They are on the same page now. Earlier they weren't, Bullock was in the wrong places and had no confidence. Bullocks way of playing, and ability to only take shots when the crease is there, makes him a great fit along Doncic.
Like Reply
I was wrong about RB. He has definite chemistry with Luka. And just for the records, those refs blew tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 09:17 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: I’ll be the first to join the RB apologist club. But let’s be honest… he shot 29% from 3 for the first two months of the year. To his credit, he wasn’t given any kind of consistent playing time, though. 

Let’s hope that JK continues to give Bullock consistent burn the rest of the season.  Like others have said, the THJ injury might have been a blessing in disguise especially with Bullock’s defensive abilities.

He's a career 38.5% 3pt shooter so it was not difficult to imagine that the beginning of the season was just an outlier. Going from 41% one year to 29% the next is such a huge outlier that I'm kind of surprised that so many people just decided he's now a terrible shooter with no way to improve.
Like Reply
We have ourselves a team!  Meaning that everybody contributed and played to win.  JB with a superb performance.  DP, DFS with important contributions.  Burke came in and did what he had to do...what he needed to do.  JG is growing before our eyes.  Luka!!! with another triple double--and I'm not giving him my Dirkie...   What world do we live in?  It's great that RB is playing well...and his shot is finally working.  I was very disappointed in RB up until--the last however many games it is.  So...

My Dirkie goes to RB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I can definitely understand giving it to Reggie, but Brunson would have scored 30+ if the refs hadn't tried to steal this game from us, and he was +8 as well, and was the best player on the court after Luka got his 5th foul, so he gets my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes embellisher's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
It's weird but I swear Powell seems taller with longer arms this year
Maybe it's just better positioning
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status...6324835737 

Luka really said "Eyy welcome to the 5 foul club"
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply