Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: LeVert+2022 2nd to CLE | Rubio+1st+2 2nds to IND
Exclamation 
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1490436688845455365

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14904...z0jK8pAAAA

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14904...-ijq8pAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
That was mean. Leaving the thread title it without any further information and adjusting it a minute later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Btw both trades so far show that actual talent return is not that important to make deals anymore. Cap relief via expiring contracts and picks are the new trade currency.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft, Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
Does this make Rubio a buyout candidate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 06:21 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Does this make Rubio a buyout candidate?

Torn ACL, expiring contract.
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 06:21 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Does this make Rubio a buyout candidate?

You lookin' to borrow his crutches?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
LaVert will help Cleveland who look to be buyers not sellers after a surprising start. I just don't see why Indiana traded within the division.
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 06:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That was mean. Leaving the thread title it without any further information and adjusting it a minute later.

Ha! Had to build a little bit of suspense there. Sorry!

(02-06-2022, 06:42 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: LaVert will help Cleveland who look to be buyers not sellers after a surprising start. I just don't see why Indiana traded within the division.

I think LaVert is exactly what CLE needs and they're starting to look scary. Garland has a little bit of Nash in him. Allen is having an all-star season.

I wouldn't want to see them in the first round.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
Seems like Sexton would be very available now, yeah?
Like Reply
(02-06-2022, 07:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like Sexton would be very available now, yeah?

I would imagine so. Problem is he's a klutch client expecting a 100mil+ contract this summer. He ain't that good. If I was a team like ORL or DET I'd be interested though.
Like Reply
This makes Indy a cap room team this summer.  Much depends on what they do with their own guys (probably nothing), but they can get to about $28mm minus their draft pick(s).  I realize they have Brogdon and McConnell, but Rick is a coach who is quite familiar with what Brunson is capable of.  Nothing says McConnell will still be there after this week.
Like Reply
(02-07-2022, 06:49 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This makes Indy a cap room team this summer.  Much depends on what they do with their own guys (probably nothing), but they can get to about $28mm minus their draft pick(s).  I realize they have Brogdon and McConnell, but Rick is a coach who is quite familiar with what Brunson is capable of.  Nothing says McConnell will still be there after this week.

Brunson is playing 10 MPG more than he was in his best season under Carlisle. He´ll start more games this season than he did in three years under Carlisle. I doubt that Brunson is that interested in playing for him again. DFS is probably the bigger flight risk, when it comes to Indiana.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Sprow/status/1490522952428888066
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...8085730305

Would be SHOCKED if the Mavs offered a 1st. THJ + 2nd would likely be the offer....and obviously CLE offered a 1st and won.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 06:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Would be SHOCKED if the Mavs offered a 1st. THJ + 2nd would likely be the offer....and obviously CLE offered a 1st and won.

Honestly I'm glad. LaVert would've been a great get but if the cost really was a 1st then the Mavs made the right choice at not giving in. He isn't worth that. Even if it gets you off of THJ's deal.
Like Reply
I fail to see why would Indiana even consider trading arguably better, non-injured player on a better deal for a second rounder. Certainly not an offer that would get you to 11th hour, since they got not only 1 FRP, but also Houston second rounder, which is almost equal to FRP.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 06:45 PM)omahen Wrote: I fail to see why Indiana would even consider trading arguably better, non-injured player on a better deal for a second rounder. Certainly not an offer that would get you to 11th hour, since they got not only 1 FRP, but also Houston second rounder, which is almost equal to FRP.

Probably right.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 06:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably right.

11th hour is the criticism we've heard other executives leverage against the Mavericks.  Something along the lines of swooping in at the last minute and overvaluing their assets.  I bet your offer is close or at least I hope it is.  Just because the Mavs made a bad offer doesn't mean the Pacers were close to accepting it.
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 07:01 PM)cow Wrote: 11th hour is the criticism we've heard other executives leverage against the Mavericks.

If true, this would be a notch in the "nothing has changed because Cuban is still the owner" column.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2022, 07:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If true, this would be a notch in the "nothing has changed because Cuban is still the owner" column.

That's my biggest takeaway.  I'm not expecting much at the TDL but if we don't figure out a way to use the TPE, add another notch to the belt.
Like Reply