Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: RoCo+Powell to LAC | Winslow+Johnson+2nd to POR
So next time our identical team that already lost twice to them will compete against this Clippers team:

Jackson/Batum
Kawhi/Kennard/Mann
PG13/Powell
Covington/Morris Jr.
Ibaka/Zubac/Hartenstein

I´m sure that won´t be a problem. Confused
Like Reply
This trade is a great reminder that anything we think or write about how much these guys are worth is only speculation and very likely to be wrong. 

It's also a reminder that the chief motivation for most of these trades, at least on one side, is financial. Talent for talent swaps just don't seem to happen anymore. Seems like it always starts with payroll.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool, MFFL
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 06:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This trade is a great reminder that anything we think or write about how much these guys are worth is only speculation and very likely to be wrong. 

It's also a reminder that the chief motivation for most of these trades, at least on one side, is financial. Talent for talent swaps just don't seem to happen anymore. Seems like it always starts with payroll.

How would we know about how trades work? We are Mavs fans. Next you ask us about free agency. Big Grin

I honestly think Cuban is in the grandpa stage of ownership. He just likes his habits. Hang around with the same people that are closer to his generation and change is annoying. All about that nostalgia.
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 07:05 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: How would we know about how trades work? We are Mavs fans. Next you ask us about free agency. Big Grin

[Image: clapping-laughing.gif]
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 06:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This trade is a great reminder that anything we think or write about how much these guys are worth is only speculation and very likely to be wrong. 

Or this is the Blazers turning into the Kangz. They managed to turn two first round picks (Usman Garuba, Isaiah Stewart) and Trent Jr into Bledsoe, Winslow and a 2nd round pick. And it only took them one year.
Mavs can be happy. Even if they screw up and lose Brunson and DFS for nothing there will be a front office that is even worse when it comes to asset management.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 07:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They managed to turn two first round picks (Usman Garuba, Isaiah Stewart) and Trent Jr into Bledsoe, Winslow and a 2nd round pick.

I would say, at least they tried. They went after RoCo at peak of his value, but you can't really blame them due to their situation. The big mistake was the Powell deal. Basically one move that was super strange due to rest of roster construction. And while they got plenty of proof in the second half of last season that Lillard-McCullom-Powell will not work, they doubled down on experiment by giving Powell 90 mil deal. Not bad on its own, but bad in their roster construction. If they kept Trent or traded him for a legit wing instead of Powell, the whole thing might be much different. Or if they traded McCullom for the wing.

GM paid for this by getting sacked in an ugly way and the new one is cleaning up the mess.
Like Reply
We'll now see if RoCo has slipped. He's in with a group that will work with him to play defense. His last 2 teams were offense first and it takes more than a defender or two to turn that around.
Like Reply
One more thought on this...

I hope this is embarrassing to Cuban.  People are talking about how he's not likely to use the TPE and how he may not be willing to pay the LT to keep both Brunson and DFS.  

Cuban used to be the guy who money whipped other teams in deals.  Now that is clearly Balmer paying an extra $30mm in LT in a year they are not even pretending they can contend.  I don't really expect Cuban to pay tax this season, but I do expect he should be willing to spend the TPE and take on $5mm in a trade to add or upgrade the asset base.  That extra $16mm or so would keep him under the tax.

Mark, if you can't do that and keep up with the big boys, maybe it is time to get off the pot.
Like Reply
It's too bad Cuban wasn't pushed out of the league for the shit show he managed on our business operations side.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • chaparral
Like Reply
(02-05-2022, 10:29 PM)cow Wrote: It's too bad Cuban wasn't pushed out of the league for the shit show he managed on our business operations side.

I read that that town he bought a few months ago with an old strip club on it, was a deal set up by the fired photographer from that sex misconduct scandal.
Like Reply
One more thought, how far has Winslow fallen from his Miami days?
Like Reply
(02-05-2022, 11:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: One more thought, how far has Winslow fallen from his Miami days?

He is borderline unplayable on offense. Handling and passing are still okay for a wing and it would be enough to be the 3rd ballhandler on the floor but he forgot how to shoot.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...1758294018
Like Reply