Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME RECAPS
Friends, 

As most of you know, I am on sabbatical from this excellent posting site. 

Some of you have asked me to let you know where I am writing during this period. I will be doing game commentary and recaps on the Lone Mavs Fan Forum, beginning with the Philadelphia game on Friday. You can find them there in threads entitled, “Mavs v [Opponent]   Game Story and Recap.” The current plan is to deliver the game story part in live time, and post observations and analysis after each game.

Please do not interpret this change of venue as any kind of negative statement about this board, which I consider to be top-notch. I am also not suggesting that anyone who wants to read the recaps should leave this forum — it’s not an either/or proposition! For those who want more explanation, I will post something in the cave about how I am hoping to use this time to improve.  

Anyway, anyone who is interested is welcome to check out my new threads at lmf.forumchitchat.com. 

mavsluvr
[-] The following 4 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • burekemde, Davemo, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav
Rather you recap here, but I am selfish.  Cool

Good luck to you and hope you can come back here soon.  Glad to see that you and Harp are back together calling Mavs games as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • burekemde
Will be great to read ML I will check it out. I hope as Hypermav and everyone else that you also will post it here like on the other site.
[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • fifteenth
(02-03-2022, 09:29 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Rather you recap here, but I am selfish.  

Good luck to you and hope you can come back here soon.  
Well, I probably will, after a decent interval. Thanks for your interest!

I know that cow is being funny, but just to be clear, I was really hoping this “announcement” wasn’t going to come off as some kind of grand, dramatic gesture. 

Posting this notice was never meant to be a renegade action. I checked in with the mods here several days in advance, to see if they were okay with my mentioning the new site, or if they wanted any input into the wording.

LMF is a venerable but small site, where I don’t have a history. I find that appealing in the circumstances, where I am trying to minimize drama while the dust settles around these parts. The only way I managed to find this iteration of the board, when it was first getting started, was that the people at LMF pointed me here. I don’t think there are any current plans to offer recaps on this board, and I am not thinking of keeping up with the game stories there as a way to “compete” with this site. 

From my point of view, this notice is just a case of mentioning an article or podcast on another site that might interest members here, which is already a common practice at this forum. And some of the people here did specifically request that I let them know.  

Yikes! Who would have thought writing about basketball would be so operatic?!

Okay, I’m going back to my bunker.
(02-03-2022, 06:35 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Friends, 

As most of you know, I am on sabbatical from this excellent posting site. 

Some of you have asked me to let you know where I am writing during this period. I will be doing game commentary and recaps on the Lone Mavs Fan Forum, beginning with the Philadelphia game on Friday. You can find them there in threads entitled, “Mavs v [Opponent]   Game Story and Recap.” The current plan is to deliver the game story part in live time, and post observations and analysis after each game.

Please do not interpret this change of venue as any kind of negative statement about this board, which I consider to be top-notch. I am also not suggesting that anyone who wants to read the recaps should leave this forum — it’s not an either/or proposition! For those who want more explanation, I will post something in the cave about how I am hoping to use this time to improve.  

Anyway, anyone who is interested is welcome to check out my new threads at lmf.forumchitchat.com. 

mavsluvr

Why don't you start a blog or Patreon?
@"mavsluvr" if I were you I would write on Patreon and we could post them on the board.